Reload this Page >

Lei greeting on Kauai

Search

Lei greeting on Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Wendy

Lei greeting on Kauai

Can anyone recommend a flower company that would be waiting for us when we got off our plane in Kauai with a lei?

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Marilyn

I would like to know if there are any companies that wilo meet you at the airport for a lei greeting in Maui.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:02 PM
lucy

Aloha Lei Greeters & Creative Caterers
808-537-2077 or toll free 1-800-367-5255
They do airport greetings or deliver to hotels, I think on all islands.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Kent

Also, it tends to be a quick, impersonal process.
Most people don't think it's worth the $$$, but that's a matter of personal preference in the end.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:01 AM
xxx

Wendy I have read that the best place to buy leis are at the local makets on Kauai. Go to the chamber of commerce website there is a listing with times. The markets take place all over the island. Unless you are getting in at 6pm on you can stop off at market and pick one up.

Reason why I suggest this is because there are so many fragrant as well as intricately weaved flowers. There are also leis like the dendropia that are pretty but have no fragrance or detail at all. This is the standard lei given at hotels etc.. I often see those greeters advertising lei greetings and the same price you would pay if you had them shipped to the mainland. And you get what you get. Why not select. Just a thought.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:26 AM
xxx

Here is a link for markets http://www.trykauai.com/Kauai_Farmers_Markets.htm

I know everyone has that 70's version of a pretty Hawaiian girl giving them a lei but I don't think I have seen it. I started going in 93. Ginger and pikaki leis can fill a room with their smell but you won't know that unless you check out the leis yourself.