Last Minute Airfares

Search

Last Minute Airfares

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Minute Airfares

Do any of the airlines offer last minute airfares that are not complete packages?Thanks
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM
GoTravel

Usually not because last minute fares are bought by business travelers at inflated prices but try this:

www.TravelZoo.com and sign up for their Top 20 Deals.

Old May 17th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Actually, I've done some of my traveling using last minute fares. The Tuesday (or Wednesday)--not really sure--before that weekend, airlines offer last minute fares for travel out on Fri or Sat with a return the following Mon/Tues. They also offer fares for the following weekend. I know for sure that AA does this b/c that's what I always use. But I'm pretty sure that other airlines do it as well.
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Yes, they do have last minute things for weekend trips. Usually have to depart Friday or Saturday and return Monday or Tuesday. USAir (or whatever it's called now), American, United, Continental, Delta, Northwest, they all have them. Fares for the following weekend are listed Tuesday or Wednesday, depends on the airline. You can sign up to get these sent to you automatically. JetBlue and Southwest do not have these types of offers. Haven't found a good site where they are all listed in one place. TravelZoo is one that kind of puts them together, but the list never seems complete. In Boston, the Globe used to put together a list each week for departues from here, but I can't seem to find it this week, now that I want it!
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM

The best site that pulls together the last minute weekend deals is: www.smartertravel.com

To find the deals, navigate via the tabs area at the top of the page: click "airfare". A row of buttons will be right below the tabs on the next page....click the "Last Minute Airfares" button.

Another awesome source of collected last minute deals is on: www.airfarewatchdog.com

Sign up for the alert emails from your city, or just browse the site to see the best deals going.

Also, if you have a SPECIFIC place you want to go, set up a Travelocity account and set a Fare Watcher alert for your city-pair. Travelocity also has the BEST flexible fare finder tool on the internet (it totally blows the competition out of the competition).

Hope this helps,
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:36 PM

continental has them, definitely. go to each of the airlines websites (at least the major ones) and you should be able to find them there. you can also sign up for them so you get them emailed to you once they are published. continental is one i usually go for. air tran has them too but not southwest.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Some individual airlines will send "last minute" deals to you via e-mail. For example, USAir offers weekly "E-Saver" fares (sign up for the e-mail on the USAir homepage).
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:49 PM

travelocity offer last minute combos either air fare & hotel, OR air fare and car rental.

American Airlines offers many last minute specials some weeks. They don't list them as such. Do the search on specials from your airport and they will be mixed in with any other air specials.

Keith
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for these great answers!