Search

Las Vegas Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas Hilton?

Yay or Nay? I'm not concerned about staying in luxury, but I do want a clean room. I've been to Vegas many times, and am not interested in staying on the Strip, but want to be close, and this hotel had the best rate (of the hotels I would even consider). How is is nowadays? I heard they were renovating last year. Are they finished?
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM

As far as the rooms are concerned, it's a GREAT place to stay!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 08:40 AM

I'm a Hilton guy, Diamond status and all, but I would never recommend the LAS Hilton. It's a dump, needing a total rehab. The slots are loose...

I booked a room for 1 night few weeks ago, but I knew I was staying with a friend at the Wynn. I needed 1 stay credit with Hilton to requalify for Diamond status and it was so cheap I decided to do it right there. Anyway, I checked in and they upgraded me to so called suite because of my status. Out of curiosity I checked out the suite. From what I saw I would not wish that upon my worst enemy.......The place needs some serious work.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:15 AM

My co-worker stayed there before the monorail, he said it's THE hotel to stay if you don't care for the strip. Now, with the monorail, it makes this place even more appealing.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM

No, it's not the Wynn, but it's certainly far from being a dump...and is certainly worth considering.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 04:07 PM

I just stayed at the Hilton this Fri and Sat night and I was very disapointed. The public areas are nice but the room was not. It was worn and just not as clean as it should be. Actually it was DIRTY. I was just way too tired after a long flight and a half hour wait in line to check in to try to complain and get it changed but I probably should have. I would never stay there again, monorail or not.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM

It is a fairly average decent Vegas hotel, a bit worn maybe but clean. It's not Paris Hilton, but it does offer rates that are "so cheap" that you can rent a room just for the points and not stay there.

Good sushi bar inside the Beni Hana restaurant. The head sushi chef is from Hachioji and is talented and had the best maguro I've ever had. The public areas have been getting refurbished for some time now (I was there on Feb 4). Good sports book.

The "Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Las Vegeas Hilton" is next door to the Hilton (away from the Monorail). It has nice suites with kitchen, jacuzzi tub, and washer/dryer. The Hilton GVC at the Flamingo is between the back of the Flamingo and the monorail, so it is convenient.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 04:38 PM
trippinkpj

I stayed there four years ago, and the rooms were nice then, yet a little aged. Although, you may want to request a renovated room, in case they haven't completed that process. Since you don't care about being on the strip, how about the Orleans? We sure liked it there, with nice, clean and large rooms.