Search

Las Vegas eats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2023, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas eats?

Up front - I am NOT a fan of Las Vegas. But ... my sister is, and we live in different states, so we don't get together often enough. She wants me to meet her midweek later this month (July) for three nights at MGM, where she has a nice room comped. I have tickets for us to see Michael Jackson One, and we also have a daybed rented at the Lazy River for one of the days. Sister will play the slots, I will mostly watch her play the slots, as I am not a gambler - I'd rather keep my money. So - any suggestions for a nice, but not break-the-bank dinner for the second night?. We both eat anything - but probably not a buffet. And no car, so somewhere on or near the strip is easiest. Thanks!
Old Jul 8th, 2023, 01:55 PM

If you want to eat before or after MJ One, I like Libertine Social at Mandalay. Park MGM, Aria and Cosmo are close to MGM and there's a good selection of restaurants between those 3 properties. I like Nomad Library, Lemongrass, Jaleo and Momofuku to name a few.
Old Jul 8th, 2023, 04:21 PM

Best restaurant I found in LV is LOTUS OF SIAM.

Would fly there from NYC, almost, to have dinner there again....
Old Jul 9th, 2023, 06:00 PM

We went to Vegas in January to see Adele, and we LOVED Superfrico at the Cosmopolitan. Great drink menu, cool costumed performance artists rotating throughout the space, trippy decor. I'd recommend the giant mozzarella appetizer (they hand pull it table side), but you probably need at least four people to eat it all. If you show up there early, you can get drinks in the chandelier bar before dinner. My write up is here: Vegas, Baby!, cont.

Also, I followed an Instagram account - @vegasstarfish - to prep for our trip, and she is constantly posting about amazing restaurants. (We had brunch at Spago on her recommendation, and it was seriously one of the best brunches of my life.) I think she sells tours and guides (which we didn't purchase), but her recs on Instagram are FREE! Worth a follow as you plan.
Old Jul 10th, 2023, 03:16 PM

If you're looking for entertainment with your dinner, Mayfair Supper Club at Bellagio was fun.
Old Jul 11th, 2023, 03:49 PM

We had a great meal at Delmonico’s in the Venetian (Emeril’s steakhouse). Classic Vegas vibe at the Peppermill.