Las Vegas between Christmas & New Years

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 04:32 AM
H. Stodd

Las Vegas between Christmas & New Years

Is Las Vegas any more crowded during this time of the year. Have daughter(14) and this is time of year that works for whole family to go. Dad is golf'er. Mom is spa'er. Daughter is shopp'er. Thanx for help!!

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Jane

About 5 years ago our family spent Christmas in Las Vegas. Surprisingly it was not crowded at all. Most of the people there were Asians who I suspect were not celebrating Christmas. Every year is different though and one cannot guarantee it won't be busy. We travel as a family every Christmas and definitely right around the holiday it tends to be quiet as many people have commitments to be on the homefront.
www.gosmartravel.com

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 08:47 AM
x

Las Vegas is very busy as you approach New Year's Eve. So it might not be as busy on Christmas, but it will get increasingly packed as the big party night approaches. A friend of mine went last Christmas with a bunch of Jewish friends over Christmas and said that it was pretty busy, but that they got some good deals on the hotel.

Las Vegas will cover all your special desires since there's more than enough choices for golf, spas and shopping. Unfortunately most of the pools are closed that time of year.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Lenore

We have spent time in Vegas both over New Year's Eve and between Christmas and New Year's. New Year's Eve is an absolute zoo in Vegas. Huge rowdy crowds of barely-old-enough-to-drink gamblers stream in for the big street party. (They close a portion of the Strip to traffic). It's total chaos! Plus they jack the room rates up tremendously and require a 3-4 night minimum stay, depending on which day New Year's falls. I don't recommend anyone visit during this time unless you're into the whole under 25 spring break thing.

The few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve are quite different. Room rates are much lower and crowds are much lighter. The trick is check out the same day the room rates go up. You will be flying out when the masses are all flying in. We did ths one year and had a great time. Keep in mind that it's rather cold, especially after dark, in late December. Enjoy!

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 02:32 AM
H. Stodd

Thanks for the help! As always, exactly the input we needed. We've gotten interested in some of the shows and things to do, but may postpone based on the responses - probably don't need the 14 yr old daughter around all of this!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:48 AM
x

i think it would be fun to be in vegas on new year's eve. as long as you know it will be a zoo, it could be fun. however, since it is too cold for pools, i think a 14 year old may get bored. if you go, spend a day in red rock canyon.