Search

Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Vegas

My husband and I are going to Las Vegas in mid-March and staying at the Bellagio. Any ideas on what types of clothes to pack? We're going to see O and Jubilee. Do we need any dressy clothes or are people pretty casual? Also, how cold is it? Thanks!
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 11:08 PM
jwc

Las Vegas is pretty casual. It is not like it used to be when people would dress formally to go out to dinner and the shows. Now, just about anything goes. My wife and I usually dress pretty nicely to go to the shows but nothing formal. I would definitely pack something warm as March can be pretty chilly, especially at night.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 07:15 AM

Are you sure you want to see Jubilee? It's a show that definitely not worth getting dressed up for!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:01 AM

Pack a sweater. Doesn't matter how hot it is outside, inside it will be freezing, the air conditioners will be on full blast.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:11 AM

All the advice you're getting is correct. I also find it a bit flabbergasting that you'd mention "O" and "Jubilee" in the same breath (kinda like mentioning "French Laundry" and "Carl's Jr." in the same conversation).... "O" yes! "Jubilee" no!

March weather in Vegas could be anything. It could be chilly. Then again, one year I hit Vegas on business and it was 85F when I touched down at McCarran (bliss!). Expect daytime highs at least in the upper 60s, nighttime lows in the upper 40s (welcome to the desert!)-- that is, early spring temps but VERY dry (bring moisturizers).
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:23 AM

rjw et al,

Why shouldn't O & Jubilee be mentioned in the same sentence? They are very different, but each has its merits.

We were not crazy about O for what it was, but enjoyed Jubilee as a Las Vegas review.

tlamb68, hope you enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 08:26 AM

It'll be chilly and windy...when i was there last year in april i brought shorts...forget it...i had to go out and buy warmups.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM

I don't want to go into the merits of Jubilee all that much. Suffice to say, I thought it was boring, and the only good thing about it were the bosoms! And since I'm a woman, I can only only look at them for so long without getting bored!!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 10:02 AM

Hey clairelong can you clue me in as to what the NASDAQ will be at in mid-March?
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 10:28 AM

The clothing issue depends on what you plan on doing and where you will eat. I usually have a couple suits with me for night time. A few restaurants at Bellagio won't seat you without a jacket (men).
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 11:19 AM

LOL travleis. And TLAMB -- wife and i go to vegas all the time and play dress-up. great thing about LV is that there is no wrong answer. we like to dress up, and we go to higher-end restos, usually right before or after a show, so there you are, dressed up. Personally I prefer to distinguish myself (however chimerically) from the Great Unwashed. You'd be surprised at the increased level of service that you do receive (with the expectation of a nice tip, of course). Anyway... Vegas in March is, well, changeable. It can be quite warm, it can be quite cold. Damp even. So i'd say pack layers, pack a light jacket and some sweaters, but also some short sleeves and yes, even shorts. you never know.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 12:32 PM

traveleis-i can only tell you about the weather honey you'll have to look elsewhere on the Nasdaq. Good Luck!
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM

Well I concluded that since you can confidently predict chilly/windy weather in LV 5 weeks from now maybe you could share your "clairvoyance" and help me pay for my next vacation.
How is it that you can predict weather so accurately?
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 04:20 PM

I've had friends and family go many years and it hasn't changed all the times we've been...that's how i predict it honey......I'm a weather watcher.