What to wear for weather in Las Vegas?

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to wear for weather in Las Vegas?

Hi all, my husband and I are heading to Las Vegas for fun between Feb. 28-March 5. I'd like to know what to wear in terms of what the weather is like. Do I do shorts or tank tops? Is it cool enough for pants? Is it going to be too cold to swim? Please help me know what to pack! Thanks!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Yahoo weather shows the average high and low in February to be 63?F and 38?F respectively. For March the averages are 69?F and 43?F.

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:31 PM

lwoodward- Some of the pools are open year round and heated. It depends where you are staying. I personally wouldn't swim as the outside temp. is too cold for me. We have been in Vegas in the winter before and wore pants during the day and coats at night. It's almost always sunny however.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
sandi

Many of the outdoor hotel pools aren't even open till end of March, if then. February can be very nippy, especially at night and the mornings - temps do go down to freezing and below. If the sun is shinning and it's not windy, temps might get into the 60s.

But weather is weather, there are really no guarantees, but they do have winter in Las Vegas. So I don't this you'll need your shorts or tank tops. Most times you'll probably be indoors and the a/c is on in the public space -even if just to clear the air.

Slacks and lite-wgt sweaters are fine and do have a jacket for evenings and early mornings.

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:37 PM

Almost all pools will be closed.
Nights will be cold without question.
Some days will feel reasonably warm if sun is out and there's not much breeze. The wind is the big X factor. Vegas can get very windy since there's no terrain around the basin there.
You might want shorts for a few hours on a rare sunny, calm day.
Mostly you'll want long pants.