Reload this Page >

lake vacation with 9-yr old

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:29 AM
bev

My husband, 9-yr old daughter and I would like to take a lake resort vacation, either in the US or Canada (we don't care where), during August. We need there to be lots of kids for her to play with, fishing for my husband, canoeing, biking, etc. Would prefer cabins with a separate sleeping room for our daughter, and a meal plan would also be great, but not absolutely critical. We'd like to do some outdoorsy things with her, but also give her plenty of opportunity to be with other kids. Would like it to be right on the lake and have a screened porch where we can sit at night and hear lake sounds. Ideas?

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Kathy

I've never been there but alot of people from Western New York go up to Canada to a place called Muskoka which from what I understand is a beautiful lake resort with children's programs available. I think it is an all inclusive place as far as lodging/food is concerned. I have heard great things about this area, but don't have any first hand information. I believe it would be in Ontario. I may have the spelling wrong.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:23 PM
NYgirl

I would recommend Lake George in the Adirondacks, NY state.It has everything you have mentioned.

http://www.lakegeorge-adirondacks.com/

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Kathy

Bev, You might get more responses if you re post and use a geographic location (even a broad one) in your title. This type of question ususally will get more responses than you've had. Maybe if you used Canada/Northeast U.S. you get more advice.

Old May 10th, 2002, 10:19 AM
xx

How about Algonquin in Ontario. There is one place right in the park, can't think of the name, where there are cabins that even come with a canoe and it is right on the water. There is a lodge for eating and all three meals a day are included in the price. Looks lovely and a great place for kids. I think it's called Great Arrow or something like that

Old May 13th, 2002, 08:13 AM
sandy

Lake Champlain in Vermont is huge and borders Canada as well. All of what you mentioned is available in/around teh Burlington VT area on the shores of beautiful Champlain!