Info on Land between the Lakes,Kentucky

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 01:23 PM
Mike Nolan

Info on Land between the Lakes,Kentucky

Considering a vacation in the Land between the Lakes area in Kentucky. Can someone who has visited this area please provide some advice on accommodations, things to do. Would like to stay in resort area that provides cabins.
Thanks very much.

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 01:31 PM
Nita

Stayed at Lake Barkley Lodge (part of the state park system) several years ago. Remember the restaurant as good and the kids loved the lake.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 12:35 PM
Kay

I lived near there for 4 years, but I'm not up-to-date on accommodations. The two Ky state parks with lodges are very popular and often booked, but they offer a good price and good food. The emphasis in the area is on the lakes--boating, swimming, fishing. LBL also has some trails, nature areas, and historical sites. Relatively close in Tennessee is Reelfoot Lake, another historical and natural beauty.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 10:22 PM
hk

i've been but didn't stay , was only through there for the day going from Owensboro to paducha. but what really help me was their vacation guide. big gloosy book of all to see and do and stay with a section for just LBL. call 1-800-225-TRIP(6747) To get the book. have fun!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:19 AM
Lesley

The Land Between the Lakes has several things to offer. There is a Buffulo range, The Old Homestead (which is set up like a town back in time), a place where you can observe animals. I have camped there several times and stayed in one of the cabins at KY Lake. The cabin was basic but nice. You should eat at Patti's at Grand Rivers. It is wonderful and if you like pork chops get the 2 inch one. Behind Patti's there are animals and shops. Very nice afternoon stroll. There are many places in and around the park system which are fun for children as well as adults. But I would say the lake is the biggest thing to do.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Pearce

Try the site www.lbl.org. It's full of lots of good information. www.kystateparks.com will also give you lots of information on the resort parks in the area. These are wonderful, and don't let the word "resort" scare you off. They are no more expensive (or less so) than comparable hotels in the area. My family and I love this area and spend time there about once a year. Have fun!

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:04 PM
xxx

Just a note of advice in case it matters to you: I used to live in Benton, near these communities, and, unless things have changed, most of the counties in the Land Between the Lakes are dry -- i.e., don't sell alcohol of any kind, either in restaurants or retail establishments. As I recall,the county where Paducah is located was the exception - I think we used to go there to make our purchases or if we wanted wine or a drink w/dinner. I don't remember if restaurants in the dry counties permitted diners to bring their own wine or other beverage.

Again, it may not matter to you . . .