Lake Tahoe - west shore lodging

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for recommendations for lodging on Lake Tahoe's west shore for my husband and I for a long weekend in early May. We've never stayed on the west shore before, but we like the area, so we thought we would try it out.

We are looking for basic lodging, preferably a cabin or lodge setting. Our budget is $100-150/night.

Any recommendations?
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM

I love the West Shore of Tahoe. It hasn't changed much in the last 20 years and to me that's a good thing. There are a couple of B&B type places. One is called Tahoma Meadows and the other the Cottage Inn. The Cottage Inn is closer to Tahoe City though. I stayed at Tahoma Meadows 2 years ago and it was great. They have dfferent rooms at varying prices. A little less expensive is the The Tahoma Lodge. It's pretty basic but comfortable. There also is Sunnyside but they can be pretty pricey.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

That's what I like about west shore too - that it has the old tahoe feel to it and not a lot has changed in awhile. I like Zephyr Cove resort for that reason too.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will look into them. I already looked into the Tahoma Meadows and liked what I saw from the web site. It's nice to hear a good review from someone who has stayed there.
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 10:25 PM

Have you ever tried the Cabins at Meeks Bay? Since it's really not going to be in season you should be able to get a good rate. They are right on the lake so that's a real plus. They are a short drive to Tahoma or Homewood if you wanted a meal out.
Old Feb 5th, 2005, 04:58 AM

Well, this lodge is on the South shore but thought i'd mention it in case you or others are interested. I first read about it here on fodors and we just loved our stay there.

Lake Shore Lodge & Spa is an ALL lakefront lodge, private beach, nice lakefront pool. The rooms are spacious and lovely, all lakefront and complete with fireplace.

A quick check of their website shows rates in your range. Have fun!

http://tahoelakeshorelodge.com/rooms.html
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional replies. I will look into those as well.