Lake Mead

Jul 11th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

Lake Mead

My flight out of Las Vegas departs at 11:45am and I will need to return a rental car. I’m thinking about getting up early, driving to Lake Mead that morning then going directly to the airport. I believe it is about a 40 minute drive each way. So I won't have much time at Lake Mead.

Are there specific places I should see? (I’m mostly interested in nature photography, so I’m not going to Hoover Dam.) Is it worth the drive with that limited amount of time?
Jul 12th, 2019, 03:19 AM

I can only say it was worth it for me, I'd never been to Vegas before so going out to Lake Mead, Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam was very interesting but I have a different perspective as I live in Europe. Maybe for someone in the US it might not be that interesting. Red Rock might be better if interested in scenery and nature. Rented a boat and went out on the lake,
Jul 12th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Odin. I've been to Red Rock Canyon and loved it. We will be going (on a different day) to Valley of Fire. I guess I'm really asking what I can see at Lake Mead with only an hour or two.