Lake George

Old Jun 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake George

Any tips on a good family hotel in Lake george for 3 nights in August?

Price is secondary to comfort and location and pool. Kids are 10, 9 and 6.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 03:19 PM

The Sagamore, definitely the best for families. For couples I'd go to the Boathouse B&B.

Unfortunately, the Lake George area has a derth of good hotels, good lodging is hard to find there.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM

August will be mobbed by overfow racegoers from Saratoga - many of whom have made reservations long before now. so I would move quickly.

Have never been there with kids - so can't reco on family friendly. But the Sagamore is quite upscale (and somewhat inconvenient depending on what you want to do - since it's in the middle of the lake) and you don't mention your budget.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM

We love the Sagamore! They have rooms in the main house and then they have the lodges! With fireplace, kitchens and a small deck ..

http://www.thesagamore.com/

All sorts of sports and water fun and it is just a tiny drive over a little bridge ..actually, I like it that it is a step away from the craziness of Lake George.
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM

If you could only get a Lodge room that faces either the parking lot or an embankment, would you still go to
The Sagamore?
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 07:21 PM

The lodges have front doors facing the parking lot and the backs face the woods or lake.
The bedrooms, deck and living rooms all have views of the lake or woods, not the parking lot..
We always ask for a one bedroom suite..so there might be different rooms that I am unaware of.
Truth is, you still don't spend that much time in your room (awake) so it might not matter about the view, but between a parking lot (noise?) and an embankment, I guess I would choose the embankment.
We love walking all around the property, it is very nice..there is nothing like snuggling inside a warm sweater in the fall, in an Adirondack chair on the stair patio leading from the main building down to the dock, with tea or cocktails
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 05:42 AM

i reccomend the fort william henry hotel. had such a great weekend there. ;-)