Labor Day Recipes

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
BBQ

Labor Day Recipes

I'm trying to come up with a quick and easy bbq menu for a group of 4 friends for later this afternoon. Just thought it might be fun to get some regional recipes for us to try something new. Any favorite Labor Day recipes? What's on the menu for tonight?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:44 AM
Skip

You had better turn off the computer and snap into action, darlin'.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:48 AM
x

foodtv.com

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:50 AM
BBQ

I'm out in California and don't plan on eating until around 7 pm, so I have plenty of time to pull it all together.
Any ideas for this improntu get together?

I have some zucchinis from a neighbors garden - any special way to prepare them?

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Heh..heh

BBQ,

Bend over!

Troll!!!!!

Heh

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:46 AM
Tim

Why would this person be a troll? Zuccinis are popping up in everyone's gardens right now. I just grilled some up last night. Slice them lengthwise and brush them with some rosemary infused olive oil and get those grill marks going. Yum. Throw on a some cherry tomatoes and some pork chops. Easy meal. Pair it with a nice bottled of chilled white wine.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:24 PM
Cheryl

I like allrecipes.com because it's a popular web site where people post their favorite recipes and rate and review them. If you see a 5 star recipe rated by hundreds of people you get a pretty good idea that it should be a decent recipe.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:34 PM
John

Yep, cut 'em in quarters lengthwise, marinade them for an hour in olive oil with a bunch of carrots, brocolli, portobello mushrooms, anything else you've got, and throw those babies on the grill. Add chicken and corn on the cob and it's off to the races.

You've still got time to head out to the Target and get a $40 ice cream maker on sale - then stop by the market and get a bunch of blueberries or ripe peaches and make home-made ice cream with fruit.

That's what we're doing, except it's threatening rain in Seattle so we might nix the ice cream...

Nah...

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
Cheryl

Good idea on the home made ice cream. I still remember years ago when a family friend made the homemade kind you had to crank for hours.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:04 PM
Best

http://eat.epicurious.com/recipes/