Search

LA Rooms??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Paul

LA Rooms??

Help with reasonable hotel/motel suggestions in LA appreciated. Thank you.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 07:00 PM
xxx

LA is a huge metropolitan area. Can you narrow down your area requirements for us? Is there something in particular that you're coming to see? What is "reasonable" to you?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Paul

We are planning 5-7 nights in February with interestes revolving around the (sorry) taditional tourist sites...Hollywood, Leno Show, etc. Reasonable $ would be around $100/night. Thanks.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:20 PM
TvlPro

Yesterday I checked out of the Elan hotel modern which is on Beverly Blvd and La Cienga (sp)on the edge of Bev Hill and West Hollywood.
It was a great little hotel. Free breakfast in the morning, Lather products in the bath, feather pillows/duvet, Egyptian cotton bedding. It clean, modern and personable and in a great location.
Across the street from Beverly Center, down the street from The Grove, 2 blocks from Melrose and a mile or so from Hollywood!
A Ralphs is in the Beverly Connection across the street, Blockbuster is a block away. Each room has a VCR.
I think you could get a rate of 99.00 but you may have to check around.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:05 PM
mare

Paul will you have a car or will you try to get around using the bus and subway systems?

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Paul

Mare-
Most likely we would rent a car. Thanks.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Ursula

I stayed at the Days Inn at 5410 Hollywood Blvd. and I paid an internet rate of $69.00. It's owned and operated by a nice family, who keep it clean, nicely decorated, and safe. Parking is free (a big plus in LA) and there's a clean outdoor swimming pool. You also get a free continental breakfast which included cold cereal, rolls, fresh fruit, danish, juice, milk, and coffee and tea. There'a also a 24 hour coffee shop adjacent. From here you can walk (make a left)to Mann's Theater where the movie stars footprints are. If you make a right turn out of the motel you can walk (it's about 1 mile) to the Los Feliz area of LA which has some very nice cafes. You really do need a car though. You're also near a freeway entrance (I think it was the 405). I thought the location was convenient to everything although the traffic on the freeways and local roads is unbelievable. It's not a long drive to Sunset Blvd. and we continued on it all the way down to Malibu. It was great. We also liked Mel's on Sunset Blvd., which is a great place to eat if you are traveling with kids. Anyway, the area around the motel is not beautiful by any means, but we never felt unsafe and there were many people out and about at different times during the day and night.