La Jolla Embassy suites

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:27 PM
carolyn

La Jolla Embassy suites

How is the Embassy Suites in La Jolla? I have 2 small kids and need a suite

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Alice

He he...that's funny, I just reccomended it on your other post. It's pretty nice, across the street from a mall with an ice skating rink for the kids. Also, if you follow La Jolla Village Drive west you'll be to the beach areas pretty quickly. I've been in the room to visit and didn't notice much exterior noise (except the usual doors slkamming, etc.). Can't tell you anything about a pool, breakfast, etc. Maybe on their website? If the price is the same and you'll have a car, I'd try for the Residence Inn LJ...they have kitchens if that will help with the kids.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:37 PM
carolyn

Alice we are definitely on the same wave length. I will check out the residence. Any other ideas that you have for me would be great. Thanks for the input! C

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Alice

Carolyn,

Just for curiosity I looked at expedia.com for your dates and found the Hyatt La Jolla for $95/night. This is next to the embassy and for that price you could have 2 rooms. There are tons of other properties listed there as well. I have had a lot of luck getting good hotels for good prices on that site...never any problems either. We usually book 2 rooms when we go on vacation beacause my 5 and 7 year old go to bed at 7:30 so I know what you're talking about. I'm not too sure about other hotels with 2 room suites. The Bahia might, but you'd need to call them. Maybe check out expedia and list a few of interest and I'll try to help you when I check back tomorrow. I've lived here for 25 years and when people come to visit I'm always the hotel finder so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of them.

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 06:27 PM
carolyn

Alice, I will look on expedia tonight. I did find Embassy Suites for $135 average for the 3 nights on Hotel.com. Have you used them before? One friend I have booked 2 rooms at a hotel and later found they were not adjoining.

We are planning on going to Scripps Aquarium, Mission Beach/Bay and Children's beach. We have already been to the zoo, but we are going to the Wild Animal park (more for the adults). Any ideas on activities or restaurants would be great. I really appreciate all your help. It inspires me to respond to others on the website that are looking for answers.

By the way, would we be better off in the Gas Lamp district?
TC, C

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 08:07 PM
ann

carolyn,
my family stayed there about 5 years ago, and when we were there it was Very Nice. The atrium is very leafy and pretty with a koi pond the kids loved. Our room was clean, comfortable, well kept. (Of course, this was a few years ago). We've also stayed at the Embassy in downtown San Diego, which was a big disappointment. The rooms were old and stinky! La Jolla is very nice also. I'd stay there over the Marina or Gaslamp district.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:40 AM
bev

My husband, son (then age 12) and I stayed there four years ago. We liked it very much. It was in a good location - across the street from a nice mall, P.F. Chang's restaurant next door and easy access to LaJolla. We stayed there two nights and then three nights at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, which was fabulous.

Enjoy your trip!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 06:22 AM
TvlPro

I stayed there a while back with my daughter and her friend. We got a corner suite which had 2 bedrooms, one on each side of the living area... it was not an adjoining suite. We liked it. B'fast and pool were great and the location is great, too!