Kwy West Hyatts

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 02:36 PM
rks
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwy West Hyatts

Does anyone have any experience with the new Hyatt Key West Windward Pointe vacation resort? Its next to the airport.

We are planning a 6 day vacation to Key West over Thanksgiving for my family (six adults and two toddlers). The Hyatt has 2BR suites which can sleep six. Can anyone suggest another hotel/resort that might be better?
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 02:54 PM

My only thought is that it is a horrible location in my opinion. Key West is all about the town, not the strip shopping centers and the beach out that way. Going to Key West at Thanksgiving to stay on a beach makes no sense to be either. The weather is likely not to be great for beaching, and if you're looking for a beach vacation, why would you go to Key West?
Sorry, to sound so negative.
I'd MUCH rather stay at the Hyatt Key West Resort and Marina right in town, but not sure they have what you are looking for.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 02:59 PM
GoTravel

Go to www.AtHomeInKeyWest.com and look at their transient rentals. For what the Hyatt is costing you Thanksgiving week in a lousy location, you could rent a two bedroom home with a full kitchen in Old Town.

Some of the B&B's have two bedroom apartments.

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:34 PM

The Hyatt Windward Pointe is virtually brand new and the accommodations are apparently very nice. Having said that, the location is absolutely awful. It's near the airport and nothing else. And though it's across from the water, the water is not swimmable.

The Hyatt has two other properties that are wonderful in great locations: the Hyatt Resort and Marina on Front Street and the Hyatt Sunset Harbor. If you're tied to a Hyatt property, try one of those, but not the Windward Pointe and not the Hyatt Beachside.

The Sunset Harbor is a timeshare that has 2 bedroom units, as does the Galleon Resort. I don't think the Ocean Key Resort has 2 bedrooms units, but you could rent one suite that would sleep 4, and another room (or Junior Suite).

Less expensive is the Island City House, and it gets great reviews. Check out keywestinns.com for other options, but be sure and get something in Old Town.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM

Just today I found relatively cheap plane tickets to Key West over Labor Day weekend. It's been such a rotten cold summer here in the midwest, that we're off to Key West on September 1, even though we're also going for Thanksgiving. Anyway, while looking for a place to stay over Labor Day, I noticed that Coco Plum Inn has two and three bedroom units. I've never stayed there, but the location is good, and the reviews are good. We decided to stay there for this trip, so will know more when we return.

I don't know if they allow children though.

Jean
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:10 PM

Didn't they just have a Hurricane run by there???? That may explain the cheap air tickets... let the traveler beware!!!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:55 PM

Huh? There is NO residual effect from the hurricane.
Tickets are cheap because it is August. Period. In fact I noticed tickets are really cheap right now from Miami to New York -- buyer beware?
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:02 AM
GoTravel

gary, you may want to invest in a map.