Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Am
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyatt Vacation Club in Key West

Has anyone stayed at either of the following:

Hyatt Beach House
Hyatt Windward Point

If so, which of the 2 is better (location wise, "best" beach, accomodations,etc)?

We are going for Christmas week 2004.
Would appreciate any info on these properties!
Thanks!
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:39 AM

We stayed at the Beach House last April and are returning this Easter. We LOVED the Beach House. It was quiet and clean. Neither resort has a swimmable beach the beaches in the keys are really not very great), but they have nice pools. The Beach House is right on the water, with a small dock and kayaks for rent. The Windward Point is across the street from the ocean, a short distance from Smather's Beach. It is VERY close to Key West airport. It is the newest Hyatt timeshare on the island, and the units are beautiful. We like the location of the Beach House better - no road in front of you, more quiet location.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:36 AM

There are 4 Hyatt properties in Key West...3 timeshares and 1 hotel. Both the hotel (The Hyatt Resort and Marina on Front Street) and one of the timeshares (The Hyatt Sunset Harbor on Front Street) are in spectacular locations. If you stay either place, you won't need a car and you'll be within close walking distance of sunset celebrations, tourist activities and great restaurants.

The Hyatt Beach House is at the entrance to Key West on the Overseas Highway. The Hyatt Windward Pointe is in a rather isolated location on the Atlantic near the airport. If you stay either of these places, you'll either need a car - and parking in Key West is very expensive and scarce - or you'll need to use the shuttle bus or rent mopeds or bikes. I have no doubt whatsoever these two properties are VERY nice. The Windward Pointe is virtually brand new and the Beach House has only been there a few years. Having said that, the beauty of Key West is that if you stay in Old Town, everything will be within walking distance. If you're determined to stay at a Hyatt property, I'd encourage you to try the two on Front Street. If you're not tied to a Hyatt, I'd look into other options in Old Town.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 09:40 AM

I really liked NOT being in the crowds of the Old Town area. We had absolutely NO problem parking our full size Suburban "downtown" whenever we felt like being there (this was Easter week)- and then could escape to the quiet of the Beach House. To each their own, but I'm not a lover of crowded areas, and may have had a not so favorable impression of Key West had I stayed in Old Town.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Am
Original Poster

Thank you both for your great comments. We haven't decided yet but will definitely take your suggestions into consideration!!!

Thanks!