Hyatt Key West Resort

Search

Hyatt Key West Resort

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyatt Key West Resort

I was thinking about booking here for an early February stay, but have read some very mixed things about the hotel. I know that it's location on Front Street is great, but I am wondering about the condition of the hotel. Any comments?
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 05:48 AM

I wasn't going to respond to this since I've never stayed at the Hyatt, but since no one else has, here's my take on staying in Key West. Unless you absolutely have to stay in a large, resort type property, then staying at one of the smaller inns/B&B's gives a better Key West feel. Marquesa and the Gardens Hotel get great reviews. My personal favorite is Island City House, have also had nice rooms at Ambrosia, Coco Palms, Merlin Guest House and Paradise Inn. Our next trip is over Thanksgiving and we'll be at Cypress House.

Maybe someone who has actually stayed at the Hyatt can give you some specifics about the property. Jean
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 09:14 AM
mrt

Small beach, great location. You won't go wrong. Also, check out the Casa marina which is about a mile form the heart of the action. This is a classy hotel with a lovely poola area on the water.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Actually, I would prefer to stay at one of the B&Bs or a guesthouse. But I would prefer a smoking room and that seems to eliminate most of those. It seems that my best bet is with a mainstream hotel, and I have been able to find the best rate of any of the chains that are in old town.
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 03:21 PM

You're right, smoking rooms are few and far between at most of the guesthouses. Our favorite room at Island City House has a huge semi-private veranda with very comfortable padded furniture where you can smoke. It's only semi-private because other guests can pass by on the way to the rooftop sunning area. I guess I've never been to Key West in February, hopefully it would be warm enough to sit outside. Jean
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 05:12 PM

If you decide on the Hyatt Key West, make sure that you get a pool view room as opposed to a beach view. We stayed in a beach view room a few years go and it's a public beach where homeless people hang out and they are peeing and throwing up and arguing under your balcony all the time. Went to Key West a couple of weeks ago and walked by the Hyatt and there they were again. Feel sorry for them but don't want to spend lots of $$ to watch them from my room.