Reload this Page >

key west or marco island need help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 04:06 PM
humblejohn

wife and i want to spend 4 nites in something beside a freezer chest. Friends suggested the above but key west looks like a long haul w/mucho traffic. Doubletree Grand Key (fmr Hilton) has a special $119 rate. never been either place but i have a funny feeling that key west will be warmer than marco. Has anyone stayed in marco? i would appreciate some help here. going 1/27 to 1/31. thanks in advance.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Jack

Florida has been cold this season so you will probably be disappointed in the weather. Since you are obviously opposed to the aleternative life style crowd in KW your best bet is Marco. If you really want warm weather go to the Bahamas, Caymans, Aruba, Mexico etc.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:24 PM
WeatherGirl

Temperatures for Key West tomorrow are 67 high, 57 low. Go to weather.com to make comparissons.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:35 AM
susan

The Doubletree Grand Key and Hilton have no connection. The Hilton is on the Gulf near Mallory Square and the Doubletree is on the Atlantic near the airport. $119 a night for the Grand Key is highway robbery.

As a general rule, Key West is the warmest part of Florida, but Florida is currently experiencing unusually cold weather.

As for which place you would enjoy...I saw your other post (that's fortunately been deleted) and think you should avoid Key West.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:31 AM
tomtortuga

$119 a night for the Doubletree Grand Key is not bad at all. I stayed there this weekend and it's a nice place. You can do much worse in Key West for that price. The worst thing about the Grand Key is the location. It is not a very scenic location and if you want to stay where the action is, this is not the place. But if you want nice accomodations, this place is fine. The staff is helpful and pleasant and they have free shuttles to take you downtown and to the beaches.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:49 AM
xxxx

anything over 100 is a ripoff for that place.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:10 AM
Patrick

Actually the weather may be warmer in Marco than Key West, as when the water surrounding Key West is cold (as it is now) it often cools it off more. So I wouldn't let that be a factor.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:36 AM
reminder

Keep in mind that this poster is homophobic, and that he is worried about being in Key West and seeing " alternative lifestyle" folks..
so he needs to be off to Marco

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:20 AM
jmarz

Been going to Marco for 10 years (May) and my wife and I really enjoy the place. It's on the quieter side, very safe, great beach,and you can find decent restaurants on parts of the island. Most residents are in condos or homes on the inlet. We like the Marriott right on the beach. Best of the hotels, in my opinion. If you still want to go somewhere off the island, it's an easy 25 minute drive to Naples, or head to the marco airport and take an excursion to Key West for a day or two. We did last year and had a blast. Good luck.