Reload this Page >

Key west in 5 days....

Search

Key west in 5 days....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:41 AM
kt

Key west in 5 days....

goin to key west this sunday any last minute things i should know about it...great places to eat, shop, etc thanks so much

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Theresa

Most of the places are extremely casual and you'll most likely have time to spend at all. Very touristy with all the cruise ships docked during the day. If you have a car, drive up thru the other keys during the day stopping here and there.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:52 AM
susan

Take the Conch Train Tour soon after you get there to get a good overview of Key West and ideas about places you'd like to visit. If you'll do a search of this board you'll get tons of ideas about tourist activities and restaurants. Be sure and go to at least one sunset celebration!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Ann

I had heard great things about the Conch Train tour, so my husband and I were disappointed when we finally took it. It was interesting for about the first 15 mintues, and then got extremely boring, and HOT.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:58 PM
xxx

Hemigway House, Blue Heaven is a great restaurant for an island feel, there are a lot of bars/restaurants on the warf. I enjoyed the Conch train tour, gave me a feel for the island. Went to sunset key for the day, loved it. The Hilton has shuttles to the island every couple of hours. Lots of shops on Duval street. The aloe store is a must. Cigar shops.

Have fun! I'm so jealous. I can't wait to go back.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:31 PM
mark

Key West is a great place to just kick back and relax. Tour the museums, eat some incredible food Blue Heaven, and the Cuban restaurant near Mallory Square are my favs. Definitely check out Mallory Square at sunset. Pack some surf mocs if planning to go to the beach. The water is fine, but the beaches are rocky, so if you are a tenderfoot like me. Get ya some surf mocs ! Can't wait to go back in December!