Notices

Key West Accomodations

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West Accomodations

I am going to Key West for 3 nights at the end of May. I have narrowed my choices for accomodations down to three.

1. Key West Harbor Inn
2. Alligator and the Mermaid
3. Ambrosia

I am looking for something fairly quiet, relaxed (not stuffy) atmosphere, comfortable beds, clean, updated rooms, with a nice pool and tropical outdoor areas. I do want to be near the action on Duval street.

I have been quoted prices that range from 135-185 at all three inns so price will not be a factor at this point.

Would love some insight/advice from anyone who has stayed at any or all of these inns. Also, any recommendations on room choice?

Thanks!

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Was corresponding back and forth with someone about this very same thing. She and her husband stayed at the Ambrosia and LOVED it. She had nothing but great things to say about it. Apparently she is an interior designer so when they look for places to stay, she is pretty discerning in her taste. My husband and I were supposed to go down to Key West in April and were going to stay there. We're unable to go at this time, but we will be staying there when we do go. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM

All are good. Have looked at Ambrosia and Alligator. Actually stayed at Harbor Inn twice. If you want to be very close to lower Duval, then Ambrosia and Harbor Inn are better located. Harbor Inn is very relaxed, includes breakfast and happy hour. We love that it is literally steps from the harbor and Schooners Wharf Bar (one of our favorite places in KW). Both rooms we stayed in were nice, but would probably recommend a second floor room if you are bothered by noise of people above pacing the floor.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 03:39 PM

I basically agree with everything that's been said. I'd eliminate Alligator and the Mermaid based on location alone. It's on Truman, which is a very busy thoroughfare. I've heard glowing reports about Ambrosia (and Ambrosia, Too) and also wonderful reports about the Key West Harbon Inn, though I don't think it makes such a great impression from the outside. Both those places are in great locations!
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 06:02 AM

We stayed at Harbor Inn our last stay in the Jamaica room. Very nice, interesting decor, and large. I'd pay more to stay there rather the standard rooms.

Haven't been to Ambrosia in several years, we were in the room with the huge porch overlooking the pool for most of our stay. We also stayed in one of their standard rooms for a night (stranded due to 09/11), and it was very nice as well.

I think you'll be happy either place.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 03:31 PM
gray_lady

You might check out KeyWest B&B (keywestbandb.com). It meets all of your criteria except "nice pool".