inn or guesthouse in Key West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a guesthouse or inn in Key West. Would like a smaller place with pool or hot tub, would love a patio or deck, and would like to be closer to Mallory Square than the Southernmost Point.

I've been reading up on this site and TripAdvisor, but many places are getting mixed reviews and many listed on the Key West Innkeepers Association site that look promising don't have any reviews.

Can anyone help?
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 08:24 AM

You might try the Banyan House which looks beautiful. Also recommended to us by a local is The Heron Inn.
Old Jul 15th, 2005, 10:27 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Key West Harbor Inn last year and recommend it highly.

www.keywestharborinn.com

It is located close to Mallory Square, but still in a quiet area right next to the marina. We found it to be very convenient to everything. Breakfast is served by the pool and had a nice selection. I'm not sure if they still do this, but while we were there they had a happy hour everyday. It was nice to have everyone hang out by the pool and enjoy a drink together.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:40 PM

i highly recommend the Eden House. Friendly staff, great location, nice pool!
www.edenhouse.com
have fun!
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:28 AM

Generally speaking, the Island City House and Ambrosia (and Ambrosia, Too) get the best reviews for guesthouses.

I agree that the Banyan is beautiful from the exterior, but in my opinion, it's not very attractive inside. My husband and I looked at a few units a couple of years ago and weren't impressed at all. The Heron House gets good reviews, though I have a friend who stayed there and wasn't satisfied: she said she'd stay at the Marquesa Hotel if she goes back.

Is there a particular place at the Innkeepers Association that you're interested in?
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:03 AM
GoTravel

I've always had luck with either The Heron, The Marquesa, or The Gardens.

Susan, that is a shame about the inside of The Banyan House. It is so gorgeous from the outside and they must have spent millions on the place! I was thinking the inside would have been spectacular.

Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:15 AM
cd

We also stayed at the Key West Harbor Inn and enjoyed breakfast and happy hour by the pool. The location is perfect, close to marina and Mallory Square.
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 12:30 PM

I can highly recommend the Angelina Guesthouse. It's not necessarily close to Mallory Square--I'd say it's midway between Mallory and the Southernmost Point. However, it's charming and affordable!
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 04:56 PM

http://gardenshotel.com/accommodations.htm

and the Marquesa---

These are the best high end small boutique inns in Key West...small,private and pool
Old Jul 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM

Check out the Weather Station Inn. It's in Truman Annex, has a roof deck with fabulous sunset views, a pool and the rooms are big and well outfitted and there is a very good breakfast. We stumbled onto it when we arrived in KW without reservations. It was great and is about as close to Mallory as you can get.Website is www.weatherstationinn.com
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 12:29 PM

Artist's house or Eden House
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM

We loved Ambrosia House. We had a regular room, but they have cottages there as well. My parents stayed at Ambrosia Too and had a lovely little patio outside their room.