Reload this Page >

Key Largo Westin vs. Mariott

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Scott

I understand that both of these hotels are top notch for Key Largo. My family (including 7yr old and 11 yr old) are going for 3 nights in the fall. Deciding factors would be pools, beach, restaurants, room and bed sizes, location and proximity to restaurants, activities etc. Thank you for your comments

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Danny

Don't know these hotels, but I usually prefer Westin to Marriott in most locales.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:55 PM
George

The appropriate web sites should have answers to your questions about the hotels. However, Key Largo is about a 5-6 mile stretch along US 1. It's not a walking town. There is a very small business core, but the town/area itself is not even conducive to biking. I'd suggest picking your accommodation on the basis of their on-site amenities.

The big attraction in the area is probably John Pennekamp Park, which is about Mile Marker 104, a few miles before the heart (as it were) of Key Largo.

There are some excellent web sites with Keys information. And if you're a AAA member, they have a Keys map available, which will give you a feel for the geography.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Largo Lover

I recommend the Mariott. They have an on-site dive shop for diving, snorkeling, parasailing, and jet-ski's. Do not go to Pennekamp for your water activities, they are way too crowded.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Lets

With a 7 and 11-year-old, I don't think major water sports are going to be high on the list of activities.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 12:37 PM
Chris

I have been to both hotels and weighing different categories, they come up to be about the same. The marriot is definitely newer, yet the westin has the heavenly bed and better rooms. However, the westin's pools are really kind of crummy. They both offer rentals for parasailing, jetskis, etc. Both are also not located near any restaurants, or good ones, for that matter.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:14 PM
Barbara

The Marriott has a very good restaurant onsite. I thought they had the best key lime pie in the keys.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:02 AM
scott

Key Lime Pie is my favorite

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:57 AM
Alee

I just stayed at the Westin over Labor Day weekend.I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly suprised. We had a bay view room deluxe king which was roomy and had a beautufl view of the bay from the 3rd floor. It is big and quiet but bery kid-friendly. The Westin is a little more secluded than the Marriott, which I liked, and had a nice "jungle" atmosphere. THe Marriott was right in the middle of a marina (which sounds nice but its bascially a strip mall).