Search

Kea Lani - Rooms

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:59 AM
Jen

Kea Lani - Rooms

We are going to Maui for our Honeymoon at the end of July and want to know if anyone can recommend which rooms/bldg. are the best location to stay in at the Kea Lani? We have a Deluxe Ocean front room but would like to request the best location. We would also like to know which excursions people recommend the most and what the dress code is for dinners out?
Thanks!

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:54 AM
Diane

Hi Jen:

Just got back yesterday from Kea Lani! You will love it. From the moment you step into the lobby you are pampered like no other place I have been to. We only had a garden view suite but it was lovely. From what I observed, it seemed like the ocean front can look out over the pool. I'm not sure if the side rooms are ocean view or ocean front but they would look out at ocean and moutain. Dinner most restaurants were shorts or slacks for men and women. Nick's fishmarket I saw men in tuxes and others in shorts and Aloha shirts and women in slacks and sun dresses. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Also request cd from Kean Lani and also address any questions about views from room. They are so helpful. Have a great time!!!

Diane

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 08:59 AM
Jen

Hi Diane!

Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and request a CD. Are there any activities that you recommend that we do or should not plan to go on? Did you notice any construction going on, and if so, was it bothersome? How far of a walk to the beach is it from the hotel?
Thanks for your help!
Jen

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Diane

Hi Jen:

We were vegged out after a week in Oahu so we didn't do a lot of things. We had a rental car so we drove to Lahiana one day, went parasailing, shopped and had dinner at Kimo's. Least expensive of all our meals and delicious. We drove to Haleakala, beautiful scenery. Also continue right out of Kea Lani and all the way to end of road. Last Lava Flow, it's awsome. Also state park beach down there is great. We had planned to go on the road to Hana but ran out of time and wanted to rest a little. We have been to Hawaii before and did the trip so I wasn't too upset. I wanted to mention to you to go to Kea Lani's website and join the Presidents Club. It's free and they will send you a complimentary upgrade coupon that is good at check in if something is available. Also free local phone calls (would cost .75 or 1.00 ea.), free fitness center, free boardroom, paper delivered to room each day. Also if you are looking for restuarants,Seawatch at the golf course in Wailea and The Waterfront at Maleka (sp) by a condo but don't let that stop you the view is fab. Don't hesitate to email if you have any questions.
Diane

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:17 AM
Diane

Jen:
Almost forgot. I was very concerned about construction also because we had booked a standard room. I emailed the reservations and she said that the construction was only visable from standard room but that she would mark my reservation to do their best for the upgrade with my coupon. They did and for the first three days I wondered where the construction was. Then we turned left to go to the lava flow and I noticed it past the resort. The land is cleared and hidden by a black plastic fence. It would only be seen by standard rooms facing the side road. It should not be a problem for you at all. Lot's of happiness in your marriage and I know you will enjoy your honeymoon at Kea Lani.
Diane

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:49 AM
jen

Thank you for all the information and the good wishes, I really appreciate it.
I will let you know how it goes and contact you if I have anymore questions.
Thanks again!
Jen