Search

Kealani Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Helen

Kealani Hotel

My husband and I are traveling to Maui in July. Any feedback on the Kealani Hotel and Wailea Elua Village Condos? Thanks!!

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:24 PM
asr

My husband and I stayed at the Kea Lani last Sept. We had a great time! The grounds are very pretty and the rooms (suites) are spacious. You also have a microwave and fridge, so if you spent too much time in the sun, you can microwave some popcorn and watch a movie instead of going out. We enjoyed both the beach and the pool areas -there is an adults only pool. This will be a big bonus in the summer when there will be more families there. We found the area to be convenient to restaurants and the activities we participated in. Overall, we had a dream vacation at the Kea Lani!

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Jen

My fiance and I are traveling to Maui at the end of July for our Honeymoon. We have heard that there is construction going on and wanted to know if the noise can be heard in the Deluxe Ocean Front Rooms. Please let us know if you have any reccomondations on this, activites or restaurants. What is the Dress Code for most restaurants in the evening? Any response would be a great help!
Thanks

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Dan

We returned from our honeymoon 1 month ago and the Kea Lani was the last (and Best) hotel that we stayed at [we also stayed at the princeville and the mandarin oriental]. I didn't see any construction going on while I was there. It is an awesome place and the rooms are really nice and big. There is also a really cool deli/snack/cafe store that we liked alot. The only rooms that are "Oceanfront" are the 2 or 3 Room Villas those looked really cool mini-townhomes with a private little pool. The dress code is very casual just like everywhere else on the island. Nicks Fishmarket (the restaurant in the hotel) is a little more dressy (NO shirt and tie though) and was the best meal and service that we had in our 2 weeks in Hawaii. The pools are really nice two of them are connected by a slide and there is a bar in the upper pool. The third is an adult pool for a quieter feel. There is also great snorkeling off to the right (facing the ocean)of the beach. ENJOY

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Diane

Jen:
I am staying at the Kea Lani 5/22-29 and will post a report when I come back. I did talk to a CSR at Kea Lani and she said construction is over. Just a few trucks going by on the side road and that should not be a problem from your room.

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:15 AM
MMN

Dan, my husband and I are going to both the Princeville and the Kea Lani this July. May I ask what you liked better about the Kea Lani? Princeville we have a Prince Jr Suite but I was almost wondering if that's really worth the money or if I should change to a Partial Ocean View or something. Did you meet anyone staying at the Hanalei Bay Suites? I have a discount there and could probably get a more inexpensive room. (But Kauai will be the first leg of our Honeymoon.) At the Kea Lani we booked a Mtn/Garden view.

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Dan

The Princeville is also a beautiful Hotel with awesome views. It is a completely different feel from one hotel to the other. The Princeville is very lush, (somtimes wet), and somewhat extravagant - "Fancy Casual". and just a little far from the rest of the island.
The other is very bright WHITE Buliding - GREEN Grass -BLUE Pools. We just found the Kea Lani NICER. Although we still loved both of them.
PS-If you are ever on Oahu - the Kahala Mandarin is Great the pictures that you see on the internet or brochures don't do it justice! HAVE A GREAT TIME
Do a Helicopter Tour of Kauai (Interisland was the company we used - No Doors on the helicopter)
Do Warren & Anabele's on Maui for an Awesome/Hilarious show!