Reload this Page >

Kaui - looking to buy!

Search

Kaui - looking to buy!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 08:59 PM
gyppielou

Kaui - looking to buy!

Hey everyone, there are so many, and now that my thoughts are going a mile a minute....well, in a simple instant, I think my husband and I need to buy a condo in the north shore of Kauai. Help gyppie help!!! I am serious, so any owners, please, check in.

Mahalo
Gyppielou
Michelle

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'lou,

Aloha! So, I must know... is your hubby in on this decision, or are you planning on breaking it to him slowwwwly? That is the question.

If my midwest northwoods sweetheart would just say "maybe", I'd be all over it.

Is he in on this??
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM

ps.

you do know that you're title says you're looking to buy a condo in "Kaui"? Please tell me you meant "the garden isle".
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 11:04 PM

I know, makai, I was thinking the same thing!

OK, I don't know Kauai so well but my company is selling this project.
http://www.islanderonthebeach.com/
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 11:06 PM

K-a-u-a-`-i
Kaua`i
koh-AH-ee
8-)

And for those who are hankering to buy real estate on our Garden Island:
http://www.hawaiiinformation.com/REs...uery.asp?LOC=4
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 08:10 AM
gyppielou

I have been blacklisted and no longer allowed to buy on the Garden Isle due to a spelling error! Yes my darling husband is hoping I can make realestate magic as good as I can make vacation magic! Thanks for all the help aunti!!!

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 09:26 PM
gyppielou

ttt

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 10:49 PM

As long as you'll actually be LIVING in your new Kauai home....welcome!
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
gyppielou

I promise, that we will live there, but not immediately....investing to own is the only way right now to live out our dream....hope that does not offend you, since we are merely tryin to travel and golfin in our favorite place.
Mahalo

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:18 PM

hehe....

No offense taken. At least you do plan to live in it someday. Land speculators are one of the reasons why prices are so high in Hawaii where many local residents have trouble purchasing.

Speaking of golfin, you couldn't pick a better island. Have you tried the Prince and Kiele? A golfer paradise for sure!!!
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM

gyppie, word of warning though. Mortgage rates are very low in Hawaii, but home prices right now on Kauai are through the roof!!!!

If you can wait till the market cools off a bit, you might be better off. JMO.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 07:24 PM
gyppielou

Oh that is mighty fine news if you think the market may cool. I'm watching it, and mighty high...really won't realistically be able to travel there until March, unless something perfect surfaces. So, yes, I have time. I hope you're right. Looking mostly at condos in Princeville, since Hanalei owns our hearts, and a condo seems more manageable than a home long distance. Thanks for any and all help as I journey thru this process.

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 07:41 PM

gyppie, it has to cool. Prices on Kauai right now are insane. I was born and raised there (now live in Honolulu). I still own some property there and get calls from realtors saying they can get, well.....it's crazy. I'd sell, but I plan to retire back there someday.

When will it cool? I have no idea. Many fine websites available though that can help you decide.

auntiemaria should be able to give you the most up to date info since she lives there.

Good luck.

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 09:52 AM

As a Realtor in the hottest resort market in Canada, I would advise you to buy now, regardless of the volitility of the market. It seems to me that any market with limited land, and high demand, is going to continue to climb over the long term. The correct procedure ,imho, is to buy land and wait, not wait to buy land. We are going to Kaua`i for the month at the end of October, and will be looking to buy , as well. As much as we love Whistler, we need to get out of here for two months in the fall and spring. Good luck with your search. Cheers, Al
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 09:59 AM

travelinandgolfin. You hang onto your property missy. The value of money will change over time and you will be said at what you let go.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 02:57 PM

Article in this week's Kaua`i newspaper, was about the real estate market here is cooling.

Just before summer, it was common for a house/condo to be listed and sold within just days (as long as it wasn't over-priced for what and where it was). Realtors here on the north shore had just a handful of properties to sell. Now there are more houses/condos listed, and they are sitting on the MLS for 2-3 months and longer, waiting for buyers.

The chatter here among realtors, mortgage brokers and bankers is, that the market will continue to slump as folks wait for election results, watch the status of world terrorism, and listen to what Alan Greenspan has to say about the economy and interest rates.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:15 PM
gyppielou

Thanks everyone, once again! Moving forward, punching numbers, talking to agents. Your input is priceless!