Kauai North Shore In November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family and I will be visiting Kauai in late November. We have a 10 year old and we are not
experienced hikers. We are looking for hiking suggestions that will allow to experience as much of the natural beauty as possible as novice hikers. I read that the North shore has the most lush greenery and I also hear that the weather may not be optimal for hiking in later November. Does anybody have any suggestions for easy hikes, on the North Shore, during this time of year. We would like to spend at least one day on the North shore. What would be a good itinerary that will allow us to get a taste of the North Shore in one or two days? Also we would like to takes some easy but spectacular hikes all around the Island. Any suggestions would be welcome. I am interested in hearing other travelers itineraries and how they made the most of their days in paradise.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 01:06 PM

Just as an FYI, the road is closed past Hanalei due to excessive flooding this past spring and not expected to reopen until sometime next year. So sadly you would not be able to hike the first 2 miles of the Kalalau Trail at this time.
You might try hiking in Waimea Canyon and Koke'e State Park (ask the ladies at the small museum there about trail conditions) and Sleeping Giant outside of Kapa'a.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 01:34 PM

The North Shore of Kauai is likely to be very wet in late November. But there are plenty of other places on Kauai to experience the wonderful lushness of Kauai. Jamie (above) has given you a couple of good suggestions.

Enjoy my favorite island!
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks