Search

Kauai Info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Info

My wife and I travel to Princeville area of Kauai every year from Pennsylvania. I have put together a Kauai info letter with my personal recommendations on where to stay, what to do, restaurants, activities. etc. If anyone is interested, please drop me a line.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Wow, no responses to this topic today. I did get a few emails from some folks, Kal, Bogart, Etc. Anyone looking for Kauai help, give a shout.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 03:55 PM

I'll take you up on your offer.

My fiancee and I will be spending 5 nights in Kauai in early Sept. Our travel agent is working on a deal for us at the Princeville. What other resorts would your recommend if Princeville turns out to be too pricey?
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Kal

RichinPA,
Type "Kauai" in the "text search" and you may find out why! ;-)
Mucho Mahalos and Go Kings!
KalpoorinCALIF
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:28 PM

Just post your info. Some people do not want to give e-mail to strangers. You ever hear of viruses or spam ?
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 06:01 PM

danandrews42:

If you are considerinf the Princeville, there aren't many other alternatives on Kauai - on the same caliber, only the Hyatt is comparable. The next tier would be The Sheraton or the Marriott; next step down would be the Radisson. If you are looking for a place on the North Shore, there is no other resort hotel in the same league as the Princeville. If you must stay on the North Shore, you would either have to stay at a B&B, condo, or downgrade to a 2.5-3* hotel like the Hanalei Bay Resort.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

dandrews42 If you are set on Princeville, take a look at the Hanalei Bay resort right next to the Princeville Hotel. Not nearly as many amenities as the Hotel, but not a terrible trade off.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

raineday33 Great negative vibe there MOM
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:09 AM

Thanks Richin and Anthony

I've heard that the northern Kauai is much more lush and tropical and that the southern end is more dry and beachy. The main reason for deciding on Kauai is to experience the tropical landscape of the island, so we'll probably stay on the northern end of the island.

From what it sounds like, my only other choice would be Hanalei Bay Resort.

Is the Hyatt, Sheraton, and Marriott on the Southern end of the island?
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:27 AM

Hey dandrews42,

The Marriott may be considered to be more eastern than southern, located in Lihue vs. Poipu as the other 2 are, but when you split the island North vs. South, you can label the Hyatt, Sheraton, and Marriott as all being "southern" hotels.

And as a recent returnee from 6 nites at the Princeville, I would absolutely recommend the northern part of Kauai as like you said, it is much more lush and tropical than the South due to the fact that it gets a lot more rain. But the rainy season is more the winter time so that shouldn't be a concern for you going in Sept. As for The Princeville, I wouldn't consider staying anyplace else (as long as you can afford it, of course). It is wonderful 1st class hotel, with breathtaking views of the NaPali Coast.
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:32 AM

The Hyatt and Sheraton are in South Kauai, near Poipu Beach. The Marriott is in the middle of Kauai, one mile from the Lihue Airport. I have stayed at the Hanalei Bay Resort and found that the condo units are much nicer than the hotel rooms. Please note that with Hanalei Bay Resort you will have to walk a little to get to the beach or you can get a complimentary golf cart ride to and from the Beach-which is shared with the Princeville Hotel. Since you are staying 5 days you might also consider renting a condo in the Princeville resort area. Search internet using "Kauai condo" as keywords. Good Luck!
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:02 AM
iceeu2

For dandrews42

Check out the website summitpacific.com
This is an individual that owns a condo at Hanalei Bay Resort. You can check availability, etc.

It really is not gonna make a lot of difference where you stay, because you are going to be gone during the daylight hours anyway.

We stayed in March at the Marriott and liked that location very much. Great food in Kukui's and Duke's. Plus you can walk home!! We also stayed at Pono Kai in Kapaa and liked it also.

I personally think Kapaa is a good location since it is kinda sorta midway and there is lots of good dining choices in a small area.

Have a wonderful time. Those mai tai's just don't taste the same in Georgia. Guess I will have to make some peach daquaris!!