Kauai Hyatt vs. Marriot

Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Hyatt vs. Marriot

My fiance and I are going to Kauai for our honeymoon and have narrowed down our places to stay to the Hyatt or the Marriot by the airport. I've heard of 'stay certificates' from the Hyatt and wanted to know if anyone has used them there and how they work. We would like to use them but are nervous about what type of a room you get, if you can get taken advantage of easily etc. Any insight on that would be appreciated. Also, any thoughts on the Hyatt vs. the Marriot would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:44 AM

I'd go with the Hyatt if I wanted to spend big bucks on this special occasion.

Don't worry unduly about what room you will be given. If the bellman takes you to a room you don't like, tell him so and don't unpack your bags until he takes them to a room that meets with your expectations (and your reservation). He is likely to show you two or three other options. Hyatt (and Marriott for that matter) want you to be happy and to be a repeat customer.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:37 AM

Hi
We stayed at both hotels and hands down the Hyatt wins, beautiful property and grounds. Just a great overall experience.
Karen
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:36 PM

The Hyatt in Kauai is truly the most beautiful hotel (as far as the grounds go) that I have ever stayed in. Worth every penny.
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:35 PM

Just got back from the Grand Hyatt Kauai. Fantastic hotel. The lowest room category you could get would be a garden view, and the foliage is lush. They usually upgrade Honeymooners to ocean view when you phone a week in advance to your stay, to remind them. They also have a Sunshine on Sale package which is one night free with 5 nights, and free breakfast buffet every morning.
8-)
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM

i have to repeat what everyone else said-defintely the hyatt, especially if it's your honeymoon. it's an absolutely magical hotel- so much nicer than the marriot
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM

Hi! We just booked the Hyatt for our Honeymoon in October. I have been to Kuaui before--the Hyatt is far nicer than the Marriot.

We are actually splitting our time--4 nights at the Hyatt on the South shore and 5 nights in a condo on the North shore. The best of both worlds.

At the Hyatt we got a rate that includes breakfast.