Kauai December Weather

Search

Kauai December Weather

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai December Weather

We're scheduled to be at the Marriott Dec 11-19. I'm starting to feel that I made a mistake with this booking due to everything I've recently read about the weather in Dec. What can we really expect? I don't mind showers now and then, but don't want a total washout. Would I be better off cancelling my timeshare trade and trying to find something in Sept. or Oct.???
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:18 PM

The things you read about the winter weather in Kauai is for the north shore, not where the Marriott is. But even if the Marriott were in the north, I wouldn't go changing your whole vacation plans around because of a slightly greater chance of rain. I stayed at the Princeville just this past Feb. and it didn't rain at all, save a couple of 10-15 minute showers.

Don't worry and just have fun!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:29 PM

We stayed at the Marriott in December last year and it did not really rain once our entire trip. I think it may have sprinkled a little, but no big deal. I would not worry about getting washed out.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:01 PM

Generally, the weather is fine in December, with occasional showers and mostly sunshine and warmth. It is a favorite destination in December for people living in the wet Pacific NW. We have friends who have gone every December for 15 years, and there has only been one "wash-out." This was a few years ago, and all of Hawaii was drenched for a week. This is highly unlikely. Have a grand time.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys, it's good to know there can actually be good weather in Dec!