Kauai Condo Suggestions

Search

Kauai Condo Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai Condo Suggestions

We are going to Kauai in Feb with two other couples. We are on the search for 2-bedroom condo units that have a decent pool and a swimmable beach. We have rooms booked at both Outriggers but just discovered that one (Waipouli Beach) doesn't have a swimmable beach and the other (K.Plantation) has the pool across the street.

Anyone have any recommendations? Or a house that would accomodate 13 people that has a pool and is beachfront?? We are leaning towards staying in the South.

I have also considered timeshare rentals. Just having a hard time locating them at the Marriott, or Hyatt..
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM

you could look into getting adjoining units at Poipu Kapili:
www.poipukapili.com

The 2 bedrooms are split level, each bedroom has ensuite baths + 3rd bath with shower on the main floor and a pull-out couch.

They are oceanfront and a block to the beach.
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:21 PM

The only actual beachfront (not just oceanfront) property (with no road in the way) condos that I know of in Poipu are Kiahuna and the Marriott Waihohai. Swimmable beachfront resorts/condos are not as common on Kauai as they are on other islands. There are lots of houses on the ocean, but few of them have actual beachfronts. There is the Waihihai Beach House right on Poipu Beach. It rents for around $2000 a night.
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 04:07 PM

I would keep trying for the Marriott Waiohai----it's on a great beach with a good pool. Also, for an even better pool and a fantastic beach, check out the Marriott Resort and Beach Club at Kalapaki beach. It has time share rentals and hotel rentals.
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM

Plantation at Princeville has a beautiful pool and well equipped workout room. Sorry, no beach views.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the replies! I will check out the Poipu Kapili and the Marriott Kalapaki.
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

montereybob, any site you are familair with on how to find the time share rentals at the Marriott Beach Club? I am having a hard time.

Again, I thank you very much for the help!
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM

HChris, you rent Marriott timeshares directly from Marriott.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ai-beach-club/
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM

I love Poipu Kapili. A local access road is all that is between you and the ocean. The Sheraton beach is next door and a short walk and it's a really good beach. The units are large and nicely furnished.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM

You can see timeshare rentals at www.redweek.com and www.tug2.net

Make sure you don't get the two Marriott Kauai properties confused; Waiohai on Poipu Beach and the other place on Kalapaki. Waiohai is great, nice big units too.

For condos, see http://www.suite-paradise.com/ we rented a 2BR in the Manualoha section of Poipu Kai, about 1600 sq ft. Beach was about two hundred yards away across a narrow road. You can see aerial pics at www.wizardpub.com and Google Earth has good imagery of the Poipu area as well.