Kapalua area restaurants

Search

Kapalua area restaurants

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kapalua area restaurants

Deciding in the area we want to eat. We are staying at the Kapalua Bay Hotel. We have decided on Sansei for sure (love sushi) and are thinking of:

Bay Club
Plantation House
Roys

Cant decide which, I know Bay Club and Plantation house has views but Roys doesnt. Any ideas which one I should shoot for. We may be able to go to 2 of the 3, defenitly 1. We have restaurants picked for Lahiana, etc but want to have a few nights where we are really close to the hotel.
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:22 AM

First choice - Plantation house for view AND food, neat atmosphere.
Second choice - Roy's for great food (unless you have one in your area at home).
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM

We ate at Roy's twice (they have the best mai tai's on 4 islands) - they actually DO have a view looking out over the ocean and molokai w/ the lights of the boats at night is very lovely - get there early and get a table near the front of the restaurant where you can overlook the beach and water (and yes, the people walking down the "path" ). They also have a nice shrimp appetizer w/ "hula" sauce (spicy)
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM

We stayed at KBH and did the Bay Club, Roys and Sansei - enjoyed them all! The sunset views from the Bay Club were sensational. In fact, we loved everything about the restaurant...good food, excellent service, and romantic/open-aired/tropical atmoshere, and the walk around the bay to get there and back is splendid.

The food at Roys is awesome, but we thought the service at this particular Roys was lacking. It's a pretty lively place, which is not a bad thing, but if you are looking for romance and atomsphere I would go to the Bay Club.

aloha!
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Blacktie

The Bay Club, where you're staying, is a good place for a drink and to see the sunset ... but it is over priced, with so-so food and service. skip it enitirely, no matter what you hear. Sansei is nearby, and you can reserve via email. That is recommended. Try Pacific'O or I'O in Lahaina.

Old May 11th, 2004, 05:32 AM

Don't forget about Jamesons. It has wonderful food and a fantastic wine list. The Banyan Tree at the Ritz is one of my favorites. It has great sunset views and the food is perfection.