Ka at MGM Grand

Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Ka at MGM Grand

If you have seen Ka, how did you like it? Is it worth seeing? I have seen O and felt like it was well worth the ticket price. I am wondering if Ka is the same.
Thanks in advance!
Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
JohnWM

I saw Ka when it was in 'previews' this past December. I thought it was magnificent! Dynamite music, a great number of startling scenery changes, good acting, fab costumes, and a simple story line in an Asian context.

Jul 4th, 2005, 04:07 AM

We saw Ka two weeks ago. It is a great show. My husband thought it was the best Cirque show he's seen. Personally, I still like Mystere best. Ka is a little less acrobatic than other Cirque shows I've seen (Mystere, 'O' and LaNouba) and I thought it started a little slow. However, by the end of the show, we were on our feet. The theatre is magnificent. I felt it was worth the money. Our tickets were $125 and we had very good seats.
Jul 6th, 2005, 08:47 AM

Just saw "Ka" this past Friday evening (July 1st) and loved it. My wife and I have previously seen "Mystere" and "O" and thought the music in "Mystere" was slightly more interesting but "Ka's" music was certainly not lacking. The special effects are stunning and the theatre in which the show is produced is amazing, along with the stage which is like nothing we've seen before (or are likely to see again). As with the previous poster, we were also in the $125 seats, which I purchased on-line last April and they were very good, providing a full view of the stage and all the action before us. For my wife and I the most stunning thing about the show was that after about 20 minutes we almost forgot that we were watching humans perform before us! Highly recommended.
Jul 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM

We saw it back in March. Although we liked it, we enjoyed O much more but that may be because O was the first Cirque show we had seen and it was so new to us. I would recommend it though.
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:40 PM

I loved it, my husband not so much. I think it was because he prefers the shows that have individual acts and this had a storyline. There were some truly superhuman feats and the way they used the moving stage was brilliant. You feel you're in a different world the moment you enter the theater. If you like Cirque, don't miss it!
Jul 7th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your replies, you are all so helfpul!