JFK Transport Question

Search

JFK Transport Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFK Transport Question

I need to get from JFK to 49th St between 5th & 6th Avenue. (Radio City Apartments)

I read that I should Take the Airtrain to Jamaica Station then pick up the E subway.
I think the closest station is 5th Avenue.

So
1) If I get off at 5th Avenue is that a long walk to RCA? (think carrying heavy backpack). I can maybe handle 10 - 15 mins easy enough. (And I am assuming it is safe to do this as it will be wednesday afternoon).

2) Is this the best way for us to get there? (2 yuppie backpackers)

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Not a problem -- take the E train to Fifth Avenue and walk. Definitely less than 10 minutes, and perfectly safe, especially on a weekday afternoon. I've taken that line at 1:00am on a Sunday night, and its fine.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Are you asking about the safety of the subway? Yes - of course it is - it's the middle of the day - I might hesitate to do it alone at 2 in the morning - but nototherwise.

Or are you asking about the neighborhood? If so - this is a prime territory business area full of skyscrapers with multi-national corporations, as well as upscale shopping, Rockefeller Center and not far from theaters and Times Square. If this area isn;t safe they may as well tow the whole island out to sea (as in the Billy Joel song).
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Go to hopstop.com and get directions. It will give you distance and options. 7th ave. stop of the E train is closer to the hotel than the 5th ave stop.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!! That is exactly what I needed to know. I am sure these questions sometimes seem a bit silly to a local but as I will be very tired after a long haul flight I just want to know exactly what I need to do. (No thinking required!)