Jackson Hole: RUSTIC INN

Old Dec 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Jackson Hole: RUSTIC INN

Has anyone stayed there?

I've read the reviews on TripAdvisor and frankly, it's about as schizophrenic as I've seen. Most were raves, but the bad ones were REALLY bad. Seems like this place just reopened in June or so, so maybe they're getting the bugs worked out.

Anyway, I'd be interested in anyone who might have stayed there.

It seems to be a bit different regarding lodgings in Jackson, since there is actually a bit of a view from some of the rooms/cabins, so I was interested in this place, other than just the parking lot or building next door.

Thanks.
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM

I have not stayed at Rustic Inn, but I did notice it when we stayed in Jackson this past August. It was up the street from where we stayed (Trapper Inn & Suites), and I have a hard time imagining that the views from the Rustic Inn rooms would be that different from the Trapper Inn. Keep in mind that, as you walk through town or head toward the parks, the views are fabulous. So even if you don't have a view from your hotel room, you'll experience beauty everywhere else. Also, keep in mind that (as I recall) there's a hill on the west side of the north part of Jackson, so any views you have from the hotel will be to the east.

I also noticed the beautiful pool at Rustic Inn, but it's right on the main road. Hmmm. Also, the prices were quite a bit higher than Trapper Inn - I noticed that because as we checked in to our hotel, the people ahead of us were looking for an available hotel room, and our hotel directed them to the Rustic Inn, and mentioned the rate. I don't remember exactly, but it was maybe twice what we were paying.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM

When are you going? I'll be in Jackson in February, and I can check out the hotel, if you like.

We're staying at the Snow King (part of ski group discount).
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

lexma...

Actually, the thing I liked about it was that many of the cabins are actually facing that hill and the stream that runs next to it.

I'll be playing golf a couple times, and my wife will be waiting for me, so I wanted her to have some nice scenery as she relaxes and reads, so I thought that might be nice.

Most of the other places in Jackson (and I give them credit for being honest), say there really is no view, just of the parking lot or the next building, so I thought this would be different.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

kureiff....

Hey, thanks for the offer. I'll be going in September, so if you wouldn't mind walking through the property, that would be GREAT!

I booked a cabin in the back facing the stream and hill.

The only thing that gives me pause is that one review (and the overhead view from google earth) says that besides the stream and hill, there is also a trailer park that you might be looking at!

Thanks again. I'll look for scouting report then.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM

I'm happy to do it. Jackson is beautiful, and September will be a great time to visit.
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks kureiff.

You have a great time as well!
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM

We drove by the hotel while we were in Jackson last weekend. There isn't a trailer park on the hill. The stream runs next to the hill. It looks like a nice place to stay, and you could easily walk downtown from the hotel.