Parkway Inn or Red lion

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Linda

Parkway Inn or Red lion

We will be in Jackson hole the end of August for two days and don't know a thing about the town. We are booked at the Red lion but looking at the map of town the Parkway Inn seems to be better located. We will be with our 13 year old - any ideas?? Thanks

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Sam

We were in Jackson last summer and stayed 3 nights in Jackson at the Parkway Inn. We were very pleased. The accommodations were nice, very clean, and the location, in my opinion, was perfect. It was a 1 or 2 block walk into the heart of Jackson. If I remember correctly, we looked in to staying at the Red Lion also, and it was a little more expensive, and it was located really to far to walk right in to Jackson. If we were to go back, I would definately stay at the Parkway Inn again. Enjoy! You and your family will love Jackson.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Serena

We were in Jackson Hole in December several years ago. We stayed at The REd Lion Inn and we loved. I think our breakfast was included with our room They had a nice little cafe for breakfast. We had a car and drove into town. I can't remember how far we weere from the center of town. You ask for ideas. We took a sleigh ride through the Elk Range and then to dinner at a mountain cabin. The couple who does this trip are outstanding. I remember she told me that in the summer they offered a wagon train trip with a cookout in the mountains. Your son might enjoy this. Will try and find the information and post for you. The hotel will proabably be able to tell you about this trip. They came and picked us up at our hotel. Jackson Hole is a fun place.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Anne

We, too, stayed at the Parkway Inn last summer. It was a lovely place and serves a complimentary continental breakfast. It also has a small indoor pool, which your 13 year old might enjoy. It was nice to be able to walk right into Jackson. We stayed there on our last night before we flew out and walked to Bubba's for dinner and then walked into town to stroll around for a while before hitting the sack. The rooms are decorated in sort of a Victorian motif with nice quilts on the beds, etc. They have a website with some good pictures if that helps.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 04:20 PM
linda

Thank you for your advise. We decided to stay at the Parkway Inn. We liked the idea of staying in the center of town and the Inn sounds so nice. This message board is soooo helpful. Thanks again.