Reload this Page >

Internet Cafe in New York City - Midtown

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Email Sue

Will be in NYC for a couple of days vacation. Need access to internet, while vacationing but continuing to conduct a job search.

NYers, can you name me a few with location?

Thanks.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 12:22 PM
tweedy

There is a large internet cafe on 42nd St between 8th and 9th Ave close to the Hilton Hotel. Not sure of the name but there are lots of computers there.

Have a great time while you are here.

Just an idea, but you might check with some of the headhunters in NYC.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Statia

You can get free net access at the Times Square Visitor's Center, but you probably want to stick with Tweedy's idea for access to more systems w/o waiting in line.

There is also another internet cafe located on 32nd between Broadway and Fifth. It's on the second floor on the south side of the street.

Good luck in the search.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 02:46 PM
John

Easy Everything, the world's largest internet cafe' company, has a branch in NYC. Here's the info from the website, www.easyeverything.com
- - - -

New York

VITAL STATISTICS
Address: 234 West 42nd Street, New York NY 10036 (between 7th and 8th Avenues) just 30 seconds from the heart of Times Square
Number of PCs: 800
Opened: November 28 2000
Distinguishing feature: easyInternetCafé's 1st store to open outside Europe and with 800 PCs is officially be the world's largest!
Access from: 50¢
Opening hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Postal

Easy Everything, on West 42nd Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues (south side of street) is really quite incredible as to the number of available computers they usually have and their access price of 50 cents or $1. Don't expect class, or even clean (people tend to leave their food wrappers and empty cups at the computers when they leave), but you can't beat it for ease of use.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Ted

East 57th Street, north side, near 2nd Avenue. Nice reliable internet cafe, not expensive, rarely crowded.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 04:52 PM
GS

You can go to the public library for free.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Debby

Have been going to the Easy Internet Cafe for years---staying at the hostel around the corner from Times Square for years. Sometimes 1,2AM if I feel like it. Feel very safe (l/2 century + woman travelling alone). The price fluctuates---the less people the less it seems to cost. Once I had 5 hours for $1. Enjoy. I love NY!

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 06:04 PM
leslie

Any KINKO'S......some are even open 24/7