Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

interisland helicopter - waterfall landing??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading a bunch of postings I think I have finally gotten the hang of this....for all you experienced Kauia travelers out there, I have a question about interisland's helicopter tour. Is the waterfall lunch/landing worth the extra money? We are on a serious budget but it is our honeymoon AND I had a dream about going last night. We leave in 5 day (sorry Kal!) HELP!!! Suggetions Please?
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:14 AM

Hey there,

In case you don't get any responses, I thought i would add my 2 cents...

From the postings I have seen, those that did the waterfall landing said it was the HIGHLIGHT of their trip. However, we decided that the extra $100 was not worth it...and that we would rather just do the 1-hour tour and then go have pizza at Brick Oven. We'll spend the other $100 on a sunset boat tour of the Napali Coast. We're doing the Road to Hana on Maui and hiking to the falls off the Napali trail, so I don't think we need another waterfall excursion.

have fun! We'll be on Kauai in 12 days...
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
iceeu2

We did the waterfall landing tour and loved it, but if I were on a strict budget, I'd go with one of the other companies, Jack Harter...you can book online at a discount and there are also discounts with various ones once you get there.
Happy Honeymoon!!

Old May 14th, 2003, 05:52 AM

hey laluna22,

Went with InterIsland this past Feb. as part of my honeymoon, and as bogart stated, it was the highlight of our trip. That being said, in our opinion while the waterfall landing was great, the best part of InterIsland is that their helicopters have no doors, providing uninhibited sightlines and great picture opportunities.

So if you are on a strict budget and can't spend the $200+/person for the trip with the waterfall stop, still go with InterIsland but without the waterfall lunch. The price for that is on par with other companies.
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:08 AM

I just did the waterfall landing with interisland on May 7th. I didn't think the extra for the waterfall landing was worth it. By that part of our trip we had seen many other waterfalls. The pool of the waterfall had brown water and it was far from clear. None of us actually swam in it (maybe it was just like that because it was rainy).

I would just do the one hour with interisland.

Marilyn
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:09 AM

forgot to mention-

the price was $250 per person for the waterfall landing, I guess their rates went up.
Old May 14th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Hey Marilyn,

Sorry you weren't able to swim in the lake when you were there. When we were there in Feb., it was clear and a bunch of us hopped in....was very nice.

But I guess if you aren't able to take a swim, then it becomes just another waterfall and really isn't worth the extra money.