COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Inn on Charlotte Street in St.Augustine

Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Inn on Charlotte Street in St.Augustine

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at the Inn on Charlotte Street and had any input. Can't find any reviews, but it does look nice. Also was in St. Augustine a few years ago and stopped at a little bar and grille that was like a tree house and was wondering if it was still there and what the name of it was.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM

I was in St. Augustine last May, stayed at the St. George Inn which was nice but not your real B & B. I'm not familiar with the Inn on Charlotte Street. I think the treehouse bar & grill is still there...if it has a watermill on the side, then it is still there (or is the one I saw.

Had a great dinner at the Casa Monica hotel which is beautiful in itself...
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. You know how it is, you book through the website and at the price you are paying, you are just hoping it lives up to the few pictures that they have. (Especially when it's for a special occassion) Thanks for the info on the bar and grille. Glad to hear it's still there
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 10:01 AM

I'm thinking about going to St. Augustine in April. The tree house bar and grill sounds cool. What is it like? What is the name of it? Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Can't remember the name of it, but it's just real casual to have a burger and a few beers and hang out for a while. Don't know the name of it but it's something you see as you are wandering around in the historic district.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 05:20 AM

We took the tour of Ponce De Leon's fountain of youth. It was fun and the grounds are nice. Also, highly recommended is a tour of Flagler College which is originally one of Flagler's first grand old hotels in Florida and it is absolutely spectacular. For instance, Tiffany himself did all the Tiffany glass in the dining room. It was the most memorable part of our trip...

Also, a fun place we went was a wine cellar place (can't remember the name) but on the roof of the wine cellar in the evening there is music and you can order a glass of wine, sit back and relax (do a search and you should find more info)

enjoy
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:25 AM

We stayed at this Inn last spring and loved it. We stayed in the verandah room and highly recommend it. It was very nice to have the balcony to sit out on. Room was very nice and clean and the jacuzzi tub was put to good use. This inn is associated with the Casablanca inn across the street and that is where we had breakfast. Can walk everywhere easily from here. Looked at a couple of the other rooms and they appeared very clean and well appointed as well. I would definitely recommend this Inn and have discussed returning ourselves.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, that makes me feel better, you just never know by booking on a website. I booked a motel in St. Augustine once thinking it was nice and when we got there it was horrible and we had to find another place on the spur of the moment