Info about Park Central Hotel NY

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:39 PM
Mike

Info about Park Central Hotel NY

Anyone stayed at The Park Central Hotel on 870 7th Ave? Just booked a room for mid Dec off Quickbook.com.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:03 PM
Eva

I stayed there a couple of years ago--they were renovating at the time. We enjoyed our stay--everything was clean and the room was decent. The reservation folks were very nice. One of the best things was the location. Near the park, close to the theatres and many nice restaurants. We really liked Trattoria Del Arte and there is a great bagel place on 7th at 58 I believe.
Enjoy!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:08 AM
ab

mind sharing how much? I'm actively hotel shopping right now for NYC Xmas week. Quickbook.com, never checked that sight. Have you had experience with them before?

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:16 AM
dd

I was there back in May. The renovations are done and the hotel was pretty nice. We were originally given the wrong room twice (long story), and after speaking to management we were given a large room by NY standards.

We got the room through priceline and it served the purpose, since it's in a central location and very clean. You'll be very close to Carnegie deli, Carnegie Hall and the David Letterman studios.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Eva

ab: I personally like quikbook because of their penalty free cancellation policy.
Two years ago when I stayed there i got it through them for $135 which I though was a decent rate for the place.

Depending on when you are going I have seen it for $120 although not for the holiday season!

If you check the site out, type in quikbook--no "c"

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:37 AM
ab

Just checked it out and they have a good search feature. All these websites make it so frustrating to select reservations. Always thinking there may be a better rate somewhere else.

The rates are higher for the holidays and Saturday before New Year's the prices sky rocket....NYC is going to be very busy this New Year's. Many places are sold out or prices almost double.

I'm checking Beacon, Salesbury, ..there are so many right around Midtown. Is that the best place to stay for the typical tourist stuff?