Search

Ideas for Lanai, HI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:40 AM
mm

Ideas for Lanai, HI

My husband and I have a week in Lanai, HI (without the 3 kids!). We will be staying at the Manele Bay. We have never been to HI at all and would love to immerse ourselves. We tend to like a laid back schedule and walking around arts areas. We would also love food and nightlife recommendations. Anybody have any ideas?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:48 AM
natalie

Did you do any research before you chose Lanai? There are no restaurant choices except the hotel, no nightlife and no arts. You could rent a jeep to drive around for the day but thats about it. You go there for pure relaxation only. Stayed there last year and the best part is watching the dolphins along the shore. If you want any of the other things you're looking for you'll have to take a ferry(about 1 hr) to Maui. If it's not to late you may want to consider the BI, I think you'll be disappointed with the Manele Bay.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Deborah

Agree with Natalie, not much on this island. Do a search for Lanai on here and you'll see some recent discussions on Molakai & Lanai. Not much on Molokai either. You're better off for things to do with Maui, The Big Island or Oahu. Good luck.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:55 AM
scigirl

Agree with above posters that there is no nightlife or arts area on Lanai. There are lounges at the Lodge at Koele and at Manele Bay, which probably constitute the entire nightlife. There are a few (3?) restaurants outside of the three hotels on the island. I recommend Pele's Garden. It will be a very quite 5 days on the island - there is good hiking, horseback riding, golf, skeet shooting, renting a Jeep and going to the outlying areas, beaches....

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Ron

Go to Maui and stay at the Four Seasons instead. Even the Renaissance would be better than that overhyped Manele Bay!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:32 AM
wow

I can't believe that people with three kids would consider going to Lanai.

There is some hiking that shouldn't take longer than couple hours. NO NIGHTLIFE, dear

NO ARTS

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:33 AM
wow

Forget the first sentence of the previous post.