Hyatt rates - what do you think?

Old May 10th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyatt rates - what do you think?

Is this a good deal at the Hyatt?

$545 a night for a deluxe oceanview room. Stay 2 nights and get the third night free plus breakfast buffet. This is for mid December. She said other nights were sold out for this rate "Sunshine on sale".

So that comes to $1090 for 3 nights, plus the tax and resort fee. They make it sound like you get a night free but basically I am paying $363 a night for an oceanview with breakfast buffet for 3 nights - not including tax.

OR

I could do this - rate is per night, no breakfast.

Gardenview $255 a night
Partical is $335 a night
Deluxe is $385 a night

What do you guys think?

Thanks as always.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Sorry - that is the Hyatt in Maui.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Depends on WHICH Hyatt you're talking about....

Anytime you make a post regardless of what state you click on, it ends up on the general US board, so putting in the city helps.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

missjanna - please see above for clarification - thks!
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM

If you are talking about Maui - for that kind of dough stay at the Grand Waliea, Farmont Kea lani , or the Four seasons!!!
The only Hyatt I would consider those prices(500+ a night) would be the Hyatt in kauai
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

We already staying in Wailea for 2 weeks - we plan to go to the West side of the island for a few nights. It isn't $545 a night - it really comes out to be $363 a night. It is $545 for 2 nights with your third night free.

Thks anyway!
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:44 PM

That's not all that bad, all things considered. I usually get the gardenview since I'm going to go out to the beach to watch the sunset anyway. And the gardenview sometimes affords a nice view of the West Maui mountains - beautiful in the mornings and the evenings as the shadows on them change.
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:55 PM
OliveOyl

The only way I can get rates like that to come up is if you are in a Regency Club deluxe ocean view room. That's $545 a night. Deluxe Ocean View, not Regency Club level, is $375. I love Regency Club level with their buffet breakfast, heavy hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoon, wine, beer etc, and usually desserts later in the evening...but then...we aren't paying either! Have you been to hyatt.com and looked at their website? That is the best way to book, and if you have any questions, then call.

Many Hyatts participate in the Sunshine on Sale promo...stay two nights, get a third free. You don't need to be in Deluxe Regency club room to be eligible, if you are interested in staying there, but at a lower rate.

We've stayed in a Mountain view room. The hotel was full and I was disappointed initially not to be looking out on the water, but it turned out to be fabulous. The mountains are pretty and rainbows, seemingly an every day affair, stunning.

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
OliveOyl

By the way, not knowing your dates other than mid December, I just plugged in Dec 15-19 for that rate schedule.

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM

It's my understanding that the Sunshine on Sale program for the Hyatt Maui is available from August 22 to December 21st, but it's the 5th night free, not the 3rd night free. And has buffet breakfast. I would call some of the major tour companies that have packages and allotments with the Hyatt (GoGo Worldwide Vacations comes to mind, but you need to go through a travel agent to get them), and ask if they have space for the dates you want. I know that I've been able to get space that way when the hotels were "sold out" because the tour companies don't have to release their allotments with the hotels til weeks or days before the date of the trip.
Old May 10th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. That rate is not for a Regency Club Room - atleast they did not tell me that when I called. All we get is a deluxe oceanview with breakfast each day - not other perks. It is $545 for 2 nights and the third night is free. My FI is not a big breakfast person - so I think we might just book a partial or mountainview for the aloha rate (Have been watching rates on hyatt.com) for 2 nights. None of the 'cheaper' rooms were available for the Sunshine Rate with the 3rd night free - they are all sold out.

Thks!
Old May 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
OliveOyl

Beachgirl was told stay 2 nights gets the 3rd free, and that used to be ours as well. It was only available during slow periods and is always available directly through the hotel...no need to use an agency. Could be things are changing with the improving occupancy and it's now more nights. I just took this off their website, spelling out more specifically what it includes:

Sunshine on Sale

Stay a minimum of 5 or 7 nights and receive the last night of your stay FREE, PLUS breakfast and $150 Resort Credit based on the type of room booked (see below).
5 or more nights, receive the last night free:
Jan. 4 - Feb. 7th
April 18 - June 19th
Aug 22 ? Dec. 21st

7 or more nights, receive the last night free:
Feb. 8 - April 17th
June 20 - Aug. 21st

Click Here to book the room and free night offer:

Terrace View Room - OR -
Golf Course and Mountain View Room
Click Here to book the room, free night, and daily breakfast buffet for two adults offer:

Terrace View Room (with breakfast)
Golf Course and Mountain View (with breakfast)
Partial Ocean View (with breakfast) - OR -
Deluxe Ocean View (with breakfast)
Click Here to book the Regency Club ® Room*, free night and $150 Resort Credit offer:

Regency Club Room with Partial Ocean View (with resort credit) - OR -
Regency Club Room with Deluxe Ocean View (with resort credit)
* Regency Club ® Rooms include access to Regency Club Lounge which offers exclusive Concierge Service, Daily breakfast, Evening Hors d? oeuvres and beverage service, and complimentary Fitness Center access. $150 credit may be used for toward purchase of any additional activities, services, and/or restaurants operated by the resort during your stay.

http://maui.hyatt.com/property/speci...&offerid=10147

Sunshine on Sale

Stay a minimum of 5 or 7 nights and receive the last night of your stay FREE, PLUS breakfast and $150 Resort Credit based on the type of room booked (see below).
5 or more nights, receive the last night free:
Jan. 4 - Feb. 7th
April 18 - June 19th
Aug 22 ? Dec. 21st

7 or more nights, receive the last night free:
Feb. 8 - April 17th
June 20 - Aug. 21st

Click Here to book the room and free night offer:

Terrace View Room - OR -
Golf Course and Mountain View Room
Click Here to book the room, free night, and daily breakfast buffet for two adults offer:

Terrace View Room (with breakfast)
Golf Course and Mountain View (with breakfast)
Partial Ocean View (with breakfast) - OR -
Deluxe Ocean View (with breakfast)
Click Here to book the Regency Club ® Room*, free night and $150 Resort Credit offer:

Regency Club Room with Partial Ocean View (with resort credit) - OR -
Regency Club Room with Deluxe Ocean View (with resort credit)
* Regency Club ® Rooms include access to Regency Club Lounge which offers exclusive Concierge Service, Daily breakfast, Evening Hors d? oeuvres and beverage service, and complimentary Fitness Center access. $150 credit may be used for toward purchase of any additional activities, services, and/or restaurants operated by the resort during your stay.

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Hi OliveOyl

I just went to the hyatt website - plugged in my dates (12/17-12/20) and the Sunshine on Sale comes up for that period - stay 2 and get 3rd free. But all that is left is deluxe oceanview. They might offer it for longer stays too - but during the time we are going, we can stay 2 and get 3rd night free. But the thing is we would prefer a partial or a mountainview to save the money. So now we will probably only stay 2 nights. Makes no sense - they have the rooms available BUT the said they only assign a certain number of rooms to that package. So even tho a partial or mountainview is unoccupied - we can't do the Sunshine on Sale for those. Dumb huh?
Old May 10th, 2004, 02:31 PM
OliveOyl

I know what you mean beachgirl, but it functions just like deeply discounted air fares (and exists for the same reason). There are only x # of seats available at that low low rate, and although a flight still has seats to sell, they anticipate being able to sell them at the regular rate. Same thing with hotel rooms at a promo rate--or a Priceline rate for that matter.

So are you doing the two nights and get 3rd free then? It is a bunch of money, no doubt about it. I don't know why I'm not seeing the two nights and get one free, only 5 or 7 and the last free? Good luck...hope you can get what you want and have a wonderful time.

Old May 10th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Hi and thanks - not sure what we will do. I have the 3 nights reserved, but I think it might be too much. Gotta think about it - I have 2 weeks to put the deposit down.

Thanks again!