Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

How to get the best airfare from NE to Kauai for August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Iza

I started planning our family vacation to Kauai but the airfares I have seen so far are all well above $1000 per person. Well, for a family of 4 that is really steep!
Any suggestions on when to book and how to get the best prices? I checked Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and they are all in the same ballpark.
Do the prices ever go down for travel during the summer months?
Help!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Ross

You have to wait and watch. Travel professions suggest you watch a few minutes after midnight Thursday morning.

At the moment I am seeing the best prices at cheap tickets. My guess is that this year the bucket operators like cheap tickets will have the best deal at least with Continental airlines.

Be patient and watch weekly. Sometimes a sale will only be on for a week and then disappear for the summer. Other times you buy when you see the sale and then the fare sale goes on again, this time lower.

At travelocity you can put on a fare tracker just remember travelocity is owned by major airlines. Always check the fare and weather airline is offering a cheaper fare.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Paul

I checked and found cheaper. Certainly you can do better from Nebraska. Are you flying from Lincoln or Omaha?
Paul

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Iza

Actually, I meant North East, not Nebraska. We would prefer to fly from Connecticut, but will fly from Newark, NJ, Boston, or NY if necessary.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:59 PM
sss

try travel1.com on a regular basis and frequently check individual airlines. Hawaii is worth the trouble in airfare.

Old Oct 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just make sure if your venue books you on that new airlines go. The price is cheap but you get what you pay for.
We got left at the airport because the flight attendant didn't show up for work, bumped from the next flight and missed our flight to Japan. It was horrible.

Hawaiian and Aloha and Island Air are proven carriers and a price war is going on so there are deals if you look.