How many is too many...

Search

How many is too many...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many is too many...

Shoes that is, for a 4 day trip, do you take a pair for each outfit...for each day or for every eventuality..???

Of course it depends on where you are going, High heels in the Grand Canyon should only be permitted for photography purposes only, I mean you wouldn't want to snap a heel whilst finding the perfect photo spot!

Are flip flops essential? do you wear them in the shower...what about slippers, maybe the carpet hasn't been cleaned for a while, you just never know!!

Sandals or peep toes? pumps or boots? why can't they make travelling shoe cases which are perfect for travelling the globe?!!!
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM
dmlove

CIty trip: one pair of shoes good for walking, one pair of shoes that are "nicer".

Beach/Resort: one pair of shoes good for walking, one pair of nice sandals, one pair of flip-flops, possibly one pair of nice shoes to wear with slacks to dinner.

Relatively easy for me, because we don't dress up on vacation.

I do not wear shower shoes in most hotels (although I've been in some where I should have ), and I never ever take slippers with me.

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Good post, although more appropriate for the lounge.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM

shoes are ALWAYS my biggest problem. If I'm going on a city vacation where ill be doing walking and going out at night i have the hardest time. i try and pick my exact outfits out ahead of time so i can pick the proper shoes for that outfit. Usually that means im bringing too many shoes, so i have to adjust my outfits so that one pair of shoes can match multiple outfits. Even then, its really hard. Shoes almost always take up most of my luggage!
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Two words. Ballet flats. Or something similar, as long as they're comfortable. You can dress up or down with them, they take up little room in a suitcase, and they're light. I also always stuff small items into my shoes so that they are not representing wasted space. Maybe not underpants, but socks, small toiletries, costume jewelry in baggies, etc. Flip-flops might serve some of the same purpose if you are under 30, but nothing beats ballet flats for sheer versatility, as they can be worn with anything from denim shorts to an evening dress. I also try to select all of my outfits in the same palette, so I get a lot of mileage from a few items.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 01:03 AM

How about 4 pairs of stunning high heels for four days? You will need, of course, a minimum of eight pairs, so you simply wear the right shoe of any pair teamed with the left shoe of another. And when you've exhausted the new odd shoe style with the right shoes, you do the same with the four left shoes. Are you following this?

Bright, sparkly, expensive shoes in various colours will supply you with a stunning selection and when you are complimrnted on your odd shoe design, you could say "I have another pair like this in my room - would you care to purchase them".

If you simply nust have just one more pair and have no room in your bags, you could choose a stunning silver pair, punch a hole either side of the shoes, then thread a slim platinum chain through each shoe and wear them as ear-rings.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Original Poster

Do I know you?!!!! :0)
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Charlene29~ You should really put these goofy posts over in the Lounge forum. They are fun, but they are not related to travel in the U.S. which is the forum you're in.

That said, yes I take flip flops. No I don't wear them in the shower, but I might wear them in the room if the carpet looks or feels weird.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Hi Suze,

It is now in the Lounge, however I have no idea how to delete this one!
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Ambling around the top ($) deck of our Columbia River cruise boat, we got a glimpse into one of the cabins...we thought that Imelda Marcos was a fellow passenger. Seven day trip, but there must have been 10-12 pairs of female footwear.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You can't. Only Fodor's can.