how bad is Delta!?!?!?

Search

how bad is Delta!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how bad is Delta!?!?!?

Looking to fly from JFK to RSW end of April. So I do a search, some up with flitghts on Song for 200 each. Book two on miles, then go to pay for the other two, but now they are 350 each!!

Checking jetblue, 220 each direct. No wonder Delta is going out of business!!

No wonder but the people who run these airlines like Delta are total idiots! Just booked and paid for Jetblue and Delta lost more revenue!

Old Feb 13th, 2005, 05:46 AM

Why is this a surprise? All airlines control the # of seats at any price. You could still get the Delta flights you want - just pay more!

Sheesh!
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Same thing happened to me. Try booking one at a time or waiting a day. It's like playing a slot machine; keep hitting refresh and hope a good number comes up.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 09:18 AM

Best day to check fares is Tuesday. However, as you found out, and this applies to all airlines, when the cheap seats are gone, they are gone. I have lost tickets on United in less than a minute.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 10:00 AM
jor

What does this have to do with Delta? Welcome to reality. Before you call airline employees Idiots watch an episode of Airline on A&E so you can see who the real idiots are. Hint: its not the airline employees.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Dan

Ever think that Delta's revenue management may forecast that flight to be full and $350 as their "minimum price?" They're smarter than you think. Airlines are quite good about knowing exactly what the competitors are doing. When they don't match a price it's because they don't need or want to.

Just take your $200 to jetBlue and be done with it. Geez.
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Trying to get free tickets is like pulling teeth. I called 331 days out at midnight to get tickets to Aruba. (and I still had to fly on a different day than I wanted!)The prices go up and down like a yo yo. I think we are the clowns, but there is no faster way for us travelers to see the world. So, I will keep playing the game to get where I want to go at the best price or freebie!