Delta Airlines

Jul 25th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Stuart

Delta Airlines

we are thinking of travelling from London, England to USA with Delta, are they a good airline? what is provided for entertainment, eg is there a seatback tv screen? meals ok? thanks all!!

Jul 25th, 2002, 11:54 AM
LJ

Hello Stuart,
We have flown Delta many times and not had any problems with them. Their food is better than our regular airline we use but just in case, we always bring along some snacks. I flew to Hawaii with them and they did not have the tv screans in the back. I think it depends on the type of plane they give you for that. I beleive the airbus has those. We sure could have used those because our flight was 12 hours. The airlines are so archaic that way. My dream would be to have tv and an internet connection. It sure would help.

Jul 25th, 2002, 12:12 PM
lisa

If you repost on the airline forum you might get more responses.

Jul 25th, 2002, 12:28 PM
stuart

cheers!

Jul 25th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Craig

Unless there is a major price difference, I'd recommend American Airlines. I travel to London on business about 4 times a year. My company has cut back and now I must fly coach....very noticeable difference in the leg room in coach between American and the other airlines since American removed seats.

Jul 25th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Tess

I use either Delta or American Airlines when I fly --- more because they're convenient (I live in an AA hub city) or I want to stick with one of these two in order to accumulate frequent flyer miles. I'd say Delta is no better or worse than most of the other major carriers. They get me safely to my destination. Food on most airlines these days is so-so. Unless you happen to be traveling in first or business class. There's many choices for travel between London & USA (Delta, obviously, American, British Airways, Virgin & several others). If brand loyalty isn't a issue for you, then I'd go with whoever has the best price.

Jul 25th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Postal

I have flown from Orlando to Europe on both Delta and US Airways and preferred US Airways, partially because their Airbus had the screens in the seats for the movies (about 8 choices), but also because the flight attendants were so much nicer.

Jul 25th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Fred

Have flown to London quite a few times, Delta wouldn't be my first choice. Agree with the posting about American being the better choice if you're in coach. The additional legroom is great on these long flights. If you're in business (Delta doesn't have first class) then Delta is fine...they're all pretty similar. You didn't mention which class of service you're flying. If it's coach, go with American. Fred

Jul 26th, 2002, 04:33 AM
jabez

I fly Delta some 80+ times per year and recommend you use some other airline. If in coach,they are "tighter" than most others. American,United and many others would be my first choice.