Hotels near Disney

Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Hotels near Disney

We are planning a trip to Disney with a family of 5. Just wondering what other options we have for Hotels. We would like something that offers shuttle service to the parks. I've been checking mousesavers - just wondering what is recommended?
Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:18 AM

Honestly I think it is hard to beat the All Star hotels on Disney property. We started staying onsight about fifteen years ago and haven't gone offsite since.

It is just too convenient and cheap with the mousesaver.com discounts.
Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM

Hi rohele3,

If you are staying off property I would highly recommend a rental car. Although most hotels have shuttles they are very infrequent. Usually only 1 pick up in the morning and 1 or 2 returns in the evening. You will either end up leaving the parks fairly early and miss the fireworks or be forced to say later than you want. With kids it's a good idea to be able to leave when you need to and just gives you more flexibility in your schedule.

If you do choose to stay on property the Coronado Springs and Port Orleans French Quarter offer rooms for 5 (2 doubles and a trundle).
Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM

We stayd at the Hilton by Downtonw Disney once and it supposedly offered a shuttle. After the first day we rented a car - since the shuttle was so unreliable. If you're doing only disney stay on site. If you're doing other things too (Universal, Sea World) plan on renting a car for the whole trip.
Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM

I agree, if your staying off property get a rental car. Orlando is real spread out and getting around, even with all of the signs can be adventurous.

With a rental car and the cost of gas and parking, the price for a Disney hotel is close to the ones off property.

Plus the hotels off property are hit and miss. I have been going up to Disney for over 20 years, three times a year and have stayed at some real dumps. Imagine all the work and effort you put into your vacation, getting to Orlando and having this awesome 7 day vacation, only to find out that your going to be spending the next seven days in a dump. My wife refuses to stay off site, Disney is ALWAYS clean.

If you want to stay off site for money reasons, then do your homework, read reviews about the hotels your looking at staying at. Stay at the Newer Hotels, ones that have been build or renovated in the last 5 years. Talk to people whom have stayed there, heck, email me ([email protected]) I probably have stayed at most of them.

At the Disney Hotels you are surrounded by the Magic 24-7. The service is second to none, the rooms clean and well designed. Plus, with extra hours in the parks for On-Site guests, and the transportation, it is a sure fire bet.

Also Magical Express. Disney, if you stay on site, will pick you up and take you back to the Airport for FREE!!! What is a cab from the Orlando Airport to US 192, $50 one way. This is a $100 savings.