Search

Disney World Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney World Hotels?

Hi~
We will be going to Disney World on our 7 day trip to Flordia. What are some cheap, nice hotels by Disney World? Thank you!
~Kristen
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM

The All Star resorts at WDW are the least expensive accomodations on the WDW property. It is very convenient to stay at WDW property (free buses to the parks, location, Disney atmosphere), and worth the extra money.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM

Kristen, how many are in your group and when are you going? What is your budget? You'll find many inexpensive hotels on US 192 (aka Irlo Bronson Pkwy and about 3 other names), although they tend to be smaller, have fewer amenities, and some are better kept up than others. Have you looked at the WDW hotel/park admission packages? Mousesavers.com has excellent info on them.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM

All star on property resorts are indeed the least expensive Disney hotels and may be the way to go for you but as dsuared asked more info may be needed for us to help. What is itinerary for your trip?? Will you be doing anything besides Disney for your trip?? Seaworld, Universal, etc.? Will you be renting or have a car or do you want to use the Disney transportation?
Also budget is very useful....for what its worth I have used priceline for both my trips to Orlando and have been happy with both stays. If you luck out on priceline ( as well as using www.biddingfortravel.com ) you may actually get to stay ON property at one of the "non" Disney hotels ON property and have access to the transportation! Do check out mousesavers.com as well as www.disboards.com they keep up on the specials over there and you can find tons of other info as well!
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 09:13 AM

Just got back for DW on MOnday. We stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn. NOthing fancy, but our room was basic and clean. 2 nice pools. I got it for 39.95 a night on Travelzoo.com.
Another thought--get the Orlando Magic Card--many hotels have discounts using the card. Also, try Hotelkingdom.com--these are all off site.
To be honest, the ONLY time we were in our room was in the am getting ready and at night---it's amazing the adreline rush you get at DW and you just don't want to leave! OUr last day, due to circumstances we couldn't change, DD and I didn't do the parks and spent a nice day at the pool--in January--it was great!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the posts. Thanks! Your advise was very helpful!
~Kristen
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Our family truly enjoys the convenience of staying on site at Walt Disney World Resort. We have stayed at all levels of on-site accomodations - deluxe, moderate, value & home away from home. We have found that for the money, the value resorts are our best bet. Your room at a moderate will be a bit larger & the pool will have a slide. However, you will still have two double beds.
The All-Stars & the new PopCentury are all value resorts. Supposedly, Disney is adding some family suites to the value resorts.
Old Feb 27th, 2006, 06:31 PM

I LOVE the All-Stars. You get free buses to the parks, cute pools, clean rooms, and the usual Disney obsession with customer service. And it's usually under $100 a night. Can't beat it!
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:57 AM

Pop century is great becasue it has several pools, a great food court and a separate bus. Alot of times when you stay the the all stars they load the buses from each hotel and in order. I think they are sports, music and movies. It can be very frustrating when you bus pulls up and it is half full from another hotel. And the Pop Century is right off of i-4 near the wide world of sports.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 06:41 AM

My first trip to Disney is coming in May. We got Pop Century for $84 a nite with AAA membership.Dewdrops-glad to hear it's an okay place. We were convinced by friends that for our short time there, we really needed to stay onsite.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 08:41 AM

eileenleft - Pop Century is DEFINITELY the best of the WDW Value Resorts. The others (All Star Sports, Music, Movies) lobbies look like bus stations, and their food courts are ugly. Pop Century is definitely the place to go.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM

We rented a home in Orlando on vrbo.com because we had 4 kids with us. It was amazing, we had our own private pool that the kids practicaly lived in and our own orange tree!