hotel swimming pools in Manhattan

Jul 12th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

hotel swimming pools in Manhattan

I am taking my 7 year old nephew to NYC for the museums. In the past I know we are good for one big thing each day and maybe something at night like a show or a tour. That said, I would like to find a Manhattan hotel with a pool for him to use before afternoon naps. We will be in NYC Sept 6-10. We are looking for a midtown location and I would like to find a rate around $225.00 a night. Does this seem possible?I have seen the Mandarin, Trumps, and the Peninsula and know they match my requirements but not my price point. Any advice would be much appreciated. Any suggestions for a kid friendly trip would also be welcome. Thanks very much.
Jul 12th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Most NYC hotels do not have pools.

I know the Travellodge on the far west side does and is definitely a family hotel - but is not the best location - and is quite modest.

I would check with travelocity or similar by amenity to see which hotels do have pools, then you can check which might have deals available for your date.
Jul 12th, 2009, 12:02 PM

The Holiday Inn on far, far West 57th Street has an outdoor pool on the roof.
Jul 12th, 2009, 12:31 PM

I think your problem may be budget for the last part of your stay. There are good deals/sales thru Sept. 7, Labor Day, but after that prices rise. The Millenium UN Plaza has a lovely enclosed rooftop pool and is on special now on travelzoo.com thru Sept. 7. The Parker Meridien also has a lovely enclosed rooftop pool. The Travel Inn and the Holiday Inn Midtown have open air pools and may close them on Labor Day. The Millenium Hilton downtown and the Crowne Plaza Times Square have pools but check whether they're closing/being renovated. The Sheraton Manhattan has a pool but isn't a very nice hotel.
Aug 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM

I remembered seeing an article in the New York Times about just this topic. So I looked it up, but it's more than 10 years old. However, it's a good starting point (obviously, the prices they quote are all out of date):

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/09/11/tr...ng+pool&st=nyt

You can sign up for free on their site to view the article.
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM

You should look into Stay (Hotel). They offer free access to the New York Sports Club which may have a pool and they are located in Times Square. I currently see prices at Quikbook.com for $189 per night.
Room Mate Grace also has a pool (in the lobby), but I don't see any availability on their site and I am not sure it's really kid friendly anyway.