harrisburg

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

harrisburg

any suggestions for a hotel in harrisburg,pa area?
i am looking for an indoor pool if possible

thanks

melissa
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:55 AM

Will you be staying mostly in harrisburg or will you be going to hershey or lancaster or another surrounding area?
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

we are going out Columbus day W/E from NJ and I am figuring one day gettysburg ,one day the rennaisance faire and maybe coming home thru lancaster

melissa
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 02:51 PM

Most of your major chains are in the Harrisburg area- will you be traveling with kids? If you enjoy the nightlife, there is a Harrisburg Hilton and a Crowne Plaza both in downtown Harrisburg- there are bars and resturants along the same street that draw quite a crowd. Neither of those has a pool though, to the best of my knowledge. There is a sheraton four points off of Union Deposit Road that has an indoor pool, and I think the Hampton Inn on the same road has a pool as well. There is also access to the highway closeby. I have never stayed at the Hampton Inn, but the Sheraton is okay. The Capitol building in Harrisburg is worth a visit- it's supposedly one of the prettiest in the nation. I bet everyone says that though!
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 11:17 AM

I haven't stayed here but how about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast. It would be convenient to the highway and has an indoor pool.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 02:16 PM

The Harrisburg Hilton Downtown DOES have a pool. It is an indoor pool.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
sam

We're roadtripping in August to Hershey area and are staying at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East. I chose it because of the indoor pool, proximity to Hershey & Lancaster and the price ($69.50/nt. Entertainment Coupon Book rate). Best of luck!
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM

The hershey lodge and convention center has a indoor, 2 outdoor, a hot tub and a "baby" pool. They also have a mini golf course, a rec center with playground, activities, several restruants, and shuttle to hershey park, (they also sell cheep Hershey park tickets or you could do as the locals do and go to a Giant grocery store and get them REAL cheep). I think they are a little pricy (170 and up per night), but it is a really nice place
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM

As a Lancster resident, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn or the Willow Valley Inn (if traveling w/kids)that are both in Lancaster. Both have easy access to Gettysburg, the Rennaisance Faire and PA Dutch country which will fill your weekend. The Fall stays manageable but busy in this area.